Whitetail bag limit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitetail bag limit ?

So question. I think I know the answer but just want to make sure.

When you get a super combo you have 3 antlered deer tags. So if you hunt in 3 different counties all with one buck limits you can shoot 3 bucks correct? One in each of the 3 counties

I know along time ago they had some weird east west divide and you couldn't do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the way I understand it. If that's false then I know a few folks breaking the law!

Comment

Yes. Be sure to fill out the harvest log too.

Comment

Unless you hunt on a MLDP that's all you get.

Comment

I may be slow, but your saying one of those counties would be and East Texas and one of them would be West Texas or does that even matter? 3 counties in West Texas each has it's own restrictions. I honestly did not know that there was ever an issue. I though if I hunted in multiple counties and kept the harvest log, then I could use whatever tags and county restrictions were there. Basically I could shoot a 13"+ buck and a spike in East Texas and a buck in West Texas, correct?

Comment

Yes, you can hunt in five different counties and kill a buck in three of them and a doe (If legal) in the other two.

It took about three or four years before convincing my Dad of this. We used to hunt in two different single buck, antler-restricted counties. He was always fearing that I was majorly breaking the law when killing two 13"+ buck, one in each county lol.
            Last edited by 44mAG; 07-12-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Yes you are correct

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                I may be slow, but your saying one of those counties would be and East Texas and one of them would be West Texas or does that even matter? 3 counties in West Texas each has it's own restrictions. I honestly did not know that there was ever an issue. I though if I hunted in multiple counties and kept the harvest log, then I could use whatever tags and county restrictions were there. Basically I could shoot a 13"+ buck and a spike in East Texas and a buck in West Texas, correct?
                East and west doesnt matter now. At one point 10+ years ago they had some weird east west divide that they used I35

Comment

Same applies for unbranched. Anyone want to start a genetic spike conversation?

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                    Yes, you can hunt in five different counties and kill a buck in three of them and a doe (If legal) in the other two.

It took about three or four years before convincing my Dad of this. We used to hunt in two different single buck, antler-restricted counties. He was always fearing that I was majorly breaking the law when killing two 13"+ buck, one in each county lol.
                    My wife, bless her heart, was convinced that the (1-13" or greater buck) rule applied to the property/ranch and not per person. She used to argue that it was "her turn" to shoot a buck that year. She wasnt very happy when i explained it to her for the hundred time and she finially got the idea lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish270 View Post
                      Yes. Be sure to fill out the harvest log too.
                      This is how I understand it

Comment

So what happens if your property is split by the county line?

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
                          So what happens if your property is split by the county line?
                          Same rule applies.

Comment

As long as you don't exceed the state OR county quota, you're within the laws.

Someone else mentioned it, but it's worth mentioning again ... don't forget the log on the back!

Comment

Correct. I can kill a 13"+ buck in: wood, Hopkins and rains county in the same year. (All are 1 buck counties.....actually 2 if you throw in "unbranched")

Comment

Working...
                              X