SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    Then find something else. Hunting from the ground is going to be tough.

I actually enjoy ground bow hunting. Had a legal deer last year but he had a jacked up right side and was barely legal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep an eye on the classified forum. You can get a used aluminum climber for around a $100. Getting up in the Sam is the key to success in my opinion. Get the lightest set up you can and get into the thick stuff and go up, it's worked for me. Good luck.

Comment

I went and pulled cards out of both my cams yesterday. Nothing too exciting so far but ive only gone through one card. Lots of does and yearlings and one legal buck. He actually bedded down in front of the camera for 45 min on thursday. Im glad to see him there. Now oct needs to get here.

Comment

[ATTACH]870278[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
            [ATTACH]870278[/ATTACH]
            sam Houston ??

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
              sam Houston ??

Doubt you will get an answer. Probably is. But that's going to be one of the biggest you'd come across I'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Doubt you will get an answer. Probably is. But that's going to be one of the biggest you'd come across I'm sure

There's a lot of good deer in the sam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I probably just got lucky getting him on camera but its exciting anyway. Killing a deer like that down there would be pretty amazing.
                  Last edited by Felix40; 08-28-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I probably just got lucky getting him on camera but its exciting anyway. Killing a deer like that down there would be pretty amazing.
                    You drive by a lot of public land just to come down to the Sam.

Comment

Why don't you give me the gps coordinates and I'll snag him so you can focus on bigger deer up there![emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        You drive by a lot of public land just to come down to the Sam.
                        Come up and deer hunt old sabine and youll understand why! Haha

Comment

[ATTACH]870278[/ATTACH]
                          Awesome picture man Thanks for sharing it.
                          Last edited by forest-hunter; 08-28-2017, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Come up and deer hunt old sabine and youll understand why! Haha
                            Hahaha No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

that's an average buck for Sam Houston, lots of mature shooters in that forest!!
                              that's a deer that i'd pass on the opening few months of hunting. December on I'd probably be letting an arrow fly.

Comment

I can't say I'd pass it but I've seen a monster with about a 3 inch drop tine on my way to a morning hunt right off the road when it was still dark outside, plus numerous other good bucks, But that's a great one and a cool picture, he doesn't look that old either to me good genetics.

Comment

Working...
                                X