No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they have some troy, but still pretty messy out there last time I drove by.

Comment

I was able to get out this weekend and walk around a bit. Still really wet. I found a good hog spot.

Comment

you know, out of the three years I was drawn, I have never seen a hog east of 377.

Comment

I hadn't either. I'm think the floods pushed them farther west. There's a spot about 1/4 acre of ground torn up from rooting. I hadn't ever seen any sign and it's all over the place now.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
            you know, out of the three years I was drawn, I have never seen a hog east of 377.
            I saw 5 hogs three years ago east of 377.

Comment

Went and got my permits yesterday. I am 506 for the lottery and low 700's for the general permit. I was surprised that there were any general permits left. Good luck to everyone that entered the lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                Good gosh! #266 already!?

That's nuts! Planning to run by on my lunch if possible today.
                what number are we ?

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                  My dad was at the office yesterday and said one of the rangers counted how many people didn't turn in their survey's from this past season, and it was the most they have ever seen. 190 out of 250 didn't get turned in. So almost 200 less people in the drawing this year! Guess we will have better odds.
                  yay lol

Comment

Gettin closer!

Comment

Anyone been out there lately? Has the water receded at all?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Most of the ramps are open. Ive been busting the sandbass pretty good.

Comment

Come on with the draw results!!! Getting anxious lol

Comment

I am new to hunting and my question is how do I not be that guy that interferes with other hunters. I don't want to walk in and get settled only to find out that I have set up too close to others. What are the rules, unwritten or otherwise to help me not be that guy.

Comment

Scout and find multiple places to hunt. It's public your bound to bump into someone eventually. This way you can have a back up if your spot is already being hunted. Just don't be the guy that just walks... all day.. wherever and whenever they would like... trying to stalk a wt with a bow. Go farther and hunt harder than other hunters in the area and you should find success.

Comment

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Originally posted by Incline View Post
                                I am new to hunting and my question is how do I not be that guy that interferes with other hunters. I don't want to walk in and get settled only to find out that I have set up too close to others. What are the rules, unwritten or otherwise to help me not be that guy.

DON'T BE STROLLING IN THE WOODS A HALF HOUR BEFORE SHOOTING TIME. Be settled in well before that. Leave people's stuff alone.

Happy hunting. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X