Angelina National forest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angelina National forest ?

Looking for a few opinions. I find very little information on Angelina NF, on the web. Really no information other than the government website. Usally you can find old threads concerning any topic, but not Angelina. So whats wrong with it VS Davy Crockett, and other national forest land ?

Angelia is where all the big deer are!

Comment

My dad killed a nice buck many years ago. We were hunting the north side of the 147 bridge. I haven't been in those woods in many years. Thinking about giving it a try this year.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
          My dad killed a nice buck many years ago. We were hunting the north side of the 147 bridge. I haven't been in those woods in many years. Thinking about giving it a try this year.
          Not to sound like a jerk but if you want to try it this year you should've started scouting as soon as the season ended last year. There are some whoppers in that forest but it's public land- east TX public land at that- and it's going to require boots on the ground, and time. Sure you may get lucky but that'd be the exception, not the rule.

Good luck to you just the same.

Comment

Folks that hunt the Angelina are smarter than the other forests! They actually keep the woods quiet. Lots of good deer, have a buddy who used to kill good deer every year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Back to my original question, why are other areas more pressured ?

Comment

Lots of dog running, outlaw/night hunters and this keeps the deer very nervous year round in this national forest.

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
                  Back to my original question, why are other areas more pressured ?
                  Well the Sam Houston National Forest, for instance, is just north of Houston. So that one is probably simply due to the population in the immediate vicinity. The Davy Crockett National Forest is further away, but not that much further, so it still gets a lot of pressure from people in Houston as well.

Comment

The first rule of fight club.....

Comment

My dad has a house south of the 147 bridge. I would squirrel hunt the forest 30 years ago. Hardly ever saw a anyone else hunting that area back then. Now days we are never up there after September, so I don't know what it would be like.

Comment

That's where all the big bucks are! They keep it quite because their smarter!?

Comment

DCNF probably has a higher overall deer population. There's good hunting both places just depends on how much work you're willin to put into it.

Comment

I got drawn for a gun hunt there for 1-5 November have never bin in that area good trees for climbers or should I bring my lock on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=hogman$;12804908]I got drawn for a gun hunt there for 1-5 November have never bin in that area good trees for climbers or should I bring my lock on ?

There are good trees for climbers in the bannister wma in most of it. They keep the under brush down by controlled burns.

Comment

Working...
                              X