Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Tips?

Looking for some guidance.

I've never Turkey hunted before and was thinking about giving it a go at Whitney/Aquilla this spring.

Not looking for exact locations, but if anyone has any tips on what areas to start in that would be great.

Also, is it best to walk around and call until I get a response and then set up decoys and set up or should I set up and then call?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Lot of times you can drive from area to area get out of car at gate and call for a couple min. If you get no response just move on. I have even honked my horn couple times and they go wild. Any loud noise should work. They hear very well

Comment

If you have a bird gobble when you slam the door or honk, he shouldn't be a hard bird to bring in. He is fired up.

More than likely you're best option is to run and gun. Walk through the woods calling every 75-100 yards. When you get a response, try to judge how far he is. If you call again and he gobbles right back, shut up. You don't want to sound like a hen that gets around play hard to get and make him come to you.

Comment

You can use an Owl or Crow call to help locate Turkeys. In the evening when they have gone to roost move around hit the owl call when you get a responce be at that location when they come off the roost in the morning with decoy deployed.

Comment

thanks I'll have to give that a whirl.

Comment

Dap, I sent you a PM a couple days ago.

Comment

Working...
            X