lone wolf hand climber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lone wolf hand climber

Thinking about getting one for long hauls into public land . I use a summit open shot now. Solid climber. Want to know how the lone wolf performs compared to the open shot.

I've got the sit n climb but I climb with it like a hand climber. If you get one, I highly suggest getting a sling seat which cuts the weight some.

Comment

You like the belt system? The summit is great but i'm not crazy about the cable retainer . I like how the lone wolf packs down. And you can adjust the tilt in the air.

Comment

Its nice, but sometimes I wish it were larger. I could get the XL belts, but I haven't felt the need for it. I really do like the belt system, but make sure that you take some paracord and tie them in the eye hooks. Nothing is worse than having cold aluminum dig into your hands to unclip the dang things.

And you can adjust the tilt in the air in the sit and climb. But its... interesting to say the least. I dont think you have that option with the hand climber.

Heres the sling seat I suggested. http://www.hazmore.net/index.php?_a=...t&product_id=5

Apparently they make one for Summit as well. Pretty cool deal. I know summits are known for their comfort, but Lone Wolf's stock seats are about as comfortable as an old oak bench.

Comment

Cool thanks for the info.

Comment

I had a hand climber I used for a long time. My dad uses it now..they are great stands.. There's probably more comfortable stands out there but probably not any that pack down as flat as the hand climber does..if your gonna be hiking in a ways it's pretty light also.. XOP is another brand that is just like lone wolf. Andre designed lone wolf stands now him and his son design the XOP stands. They are a little less money and a cast aluminum also.

Comment

I'd prefer the Summit to the LW.

Comment

I've had the LW Hand Climber, The Sit-n-Climb, and now the Wide Sit-n-Climb. The hand climber is great for being light weight if your extremely weight conscious. You sit a little higher on it than the other types and there are no "arm rest" like with the "sling" seat types you sit down in. Very easy to get up for a standing shot quietly if needed. I loved the one I had except I had a cam buckle failure while climbing and had to send it back. I also know they make a great product and decided to go ahead and get the sit-n-climb instead. I used the Sit-n-climb for two years. Then decided I needed something with a little more room with my fat behind . So I got the wide Sit-n-climb. And have been using it for about 5 years now.

As for sitting comfort, I gave the "hand climber" a B+. We all know how comfortable a hunter sits can be the difference in sitting long enough or having the energy to draw on that deer when the heart starts pumping. The pad that came with the seat was just a little thin for my liking. But still surprisingly comfortable for such a thin pad.
                Stand weight gets a A+ along with the pack-ability. I also weighed each model of tree stand I get with my digital fish scales. Lone Wolf dose not lie about their weight like some of the others do. I just slung each shoulder harness of my day-pack over each side of the platform peaks when folded down and let it hang. You can use the stand's pack belt to strap it down also, if wanted.
                For Rock stability I gave it a A+ because once you get them set up, it's locked solid to the tree.
                "Set up to climb" gets a A due to stealth and simplicity in the dark. Not much light needed if any, once you get to know the stand and belt system. Very quiet stand when setting up, climbing, and set-up too.

I've also had the opportunity for several other hang-on type tree stands, climbing models, stick ladders and other equipment. And have reviews on each.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-08-2015, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X