Keeping rangefinder ready and out of the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping rangefinder ready and out of the way

After years of hanging my Nikon rangefinder on a leather cord around my neck and in the pocket of my hunting shirt, I got a new ASAT shirt with no pocket.

I was sitting on a tree waiting for deer and pigs, when this idea came to me.

I took a piece of heavy replacement boot lace I keep in my fanny pack for emergencies (like a broken shoe lace while hunting) and cut a few inches off. I threaded it through the hole in the Nikon, and then tied it pretty tight on the elastic band on my binocular harness. Tight enough so it stays in one place on the elastic band.

Now, it's up and to the right on my chest, does not hit the binoculars and click/clunk when I move, and when I need to range something and pull it up to my right eye, the elastic in he harness stretches and moves enough to get it to my eye, and then it goes back to where it was before. When I pull up my binoculars, the range finder is hanging on the elastic, but not hitting them to make noise. When I draw my bow, the range finder is below my hand and out of the way.

I wonder if I can patent this idea?

Nice thinking.

There are some good products that already do this. I use the Range Snap....worked great on my elk hunt this year.

Comment

I use one of those small retractable key chain looking things ( y'all know what I'm talking about lol) mine is not made for keys, its heavier duty and designed to attach to a firemans bunker coat and hook your radio mic to it. It's attached to the rail on my Summit Viper and works great for me

Comment

Working...
      X