No announcement yet.

Benbrook Lake 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i am so freakin disappointed...i thought I'd have the 16-17th to hunt doe/spike at Benbrook this year since those are the dates for the 2015-16 season, but no, TPWD changed the end date to the 15th for this season so those of us who got selected for the last hunt don't even have an opportunity to hunt deer...again I'm super disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
      well i am so freakin disappointed...i thought I'd have the 16-17th to hunt doe/spike at Benbrook this year since those are the dates for the 2015-16 season, but no, TPWD changed the end date to the 15th for this season so those of us who got selected for the last hunt don't even have an opportunity to hunt deer...again I'm super disappointed!
      There's always squirrels

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
        There's always squirrels
        they just don't appeal to my belly the way venison does. maybe I'll go chase down some of the mysterious quail

Comment

There used to be over 14 coveys in Richardson back in the day. Even a man without a dog could usually fine a few. I had a Golden that was the devil on coveys. He wasn't much good on singles and doubles. But I always new to get the gun up when he'd turn and start the tail wag . I met a couple of buddies out there who had pointers. Together, we'd wear them out at all the places back then. Sadly, now there are just two hunting areas left on the lake.

Comment

Last year, I saw a few Spanish speaking gentleman hunting quail with pellet guns. I definitely let them know they where to close.

Comment

Working...
            X