Great people in this world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great people in this world.

Long story short version. Had to leave my home outside Palacios Friday as I wasn't taking chance with Harvey. Sustained roof damage, water in house. I'm holed up in camper behind Pinchers restaurant in El Campo waiting on power to come back on so I can go back. This afternoon I'm walking our dog and meet a few guys working here as pipeline welders staying here also. Get to talking,they are from Georgia, been here 3 months. Can't get in to their workplace for another week or so. They tell me today"we'll help you with your roof. Let's go tomorrow. Got compressor,nail guns,tarps whatever you need. The Good Lord puts the right people in your life in the most crucial,darkest moments. Don't tell me God Almighty doesn't look down on each and everyone of us. Prayers answered.

Wow!!! Paying it forward is real....that's awesomeness!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Wow!!! Paying it forward is real....that's awesomeness!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      X2

Comment

Great New & Great People. Strangers helping strangers

Comment

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing that. I really believe there's a lot more of this that goes on than we're led to believe. It just doesn't "sell" as well.

Comment

That's great. I wish everyone would be so generous sometimes.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Good stuff there.

Comment

Im not going to pretend I know what you are going through, but it appears this is the most I've heard about God from the general population in a long while. Makes me glad to see the positive changes He is making through the brokenness. God is good.

Comment

Great news. I was wondering how Palacios was doing. I had my first coaching/teaching job down there in 1999.

Originally posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
                    Long story short version. Had to leave my home outside Palacios Friday as I wasn't taking chance with Harvey. Sustained roof damage, water in house. I'm holed up in camper behind Pinchers restaurant in El Campo waiting on power to come back on so I can go back. This afternoon I'm walking our dog and meet a few guys working here as pipeline welders staying here also. Get to talking,they are from Georgia, been here 3 months. Can't get in to their workplace for another week or so. They tell me today"we'll help you with your roof. Let's go tomorrow. Got compressor,nail guns,tarps whatever you need. The Good Lord puts the right people in your life in the most crucial,darkest moments. Don't tell me God Almighty doesn't look down on each and everyone of us. Prayers answered.

Comment

Well... Thanks Georgia.....from Texas....

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Palacios is doing ok klepdo. Got power back on I think Sunday. Lots of damage, water and wind. Marinas had lots of boats damaged, swamped. I'm actually about 15 miles out of town at Schicke Point. Waiting on power so I can go back and start my cleanup process. Gave all my freezer food away to people down there yesterday as I had no place to keep it. Shrimp, 2 briskets and a bunch of other stuff. I know they ate good last night. Hopefully power comes back on today and try to get my life back in order.

Comment

Amen.

It's times like this that we realize the good people of this world far outweigh the bad people.

Comment

Amazing!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X