Xpedition Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xpedition Archery

Who here shoots an Xpedition? What are your pros and cons. I haven't shot one yet but I'm kinda curious about them. What are your thoughts? I currently am shooting the original 09 Mathews Monster, and possibly thinking about upgrading next year. I've shot the new Halon 32's, and they are sweet, but might step outside the box.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Very, very similar to Obsession. I have shot both last year and ended up with the Obsession.

Comment

Extremely detailed and nice risers. Do some reasearch on the company that produces xpedition, it's pretty neat. As noted above, very similar to obsession except you'll have yokes to tune. My only halfway complaint is the cable guard, it seems like there is a better option but I never had the least bit of trouble from mine.

For what it's worth, I don't shoot them anymore... I've got the new pse, which is worth a look if you haven't already.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Very, very similar to Obsession. I have shot both last year and ended up with the Obsession.
        Nothing similar to an Obsession except the shape of the riser. The Xpedition is a hybrid cam bow. It is much more tunable than a binary(Obsession) and will come with a stiffer draw. The stiffer draw is what creates the extra speed it will have over the binary as well. Bow is very quiet and minimal vibration. The Xpedition has a static cable guide (ATR) and there have been some reports of excessive cable wear. I own 3 and have not personally experienced any cable wear.
        One thing worth mentioning is the Xpeditions are limb stop bows, compared to what you have been shooting and the H32, which are cable stop bows. The limb stop produces a much more solid back wall than the cable stops. Some prefer one over the other, its a personal preference.

Comment

Lol, well, anything oughta have a smoother draw cycle than what the Monster has. Don't get me wrong, I love my Monster, you can see vapor trails behind my crazy heavy arrows. It's a beast of a bow, just think its time for something new. Now a lot of you might think that this is absolutely absurd, but I spent a good part of my life living in South Dakota and recently learned that Xpedition Archery is based out of Yankton SD, so it sparked my interest in their bows. So now I want to test drive some.

Comment

Like others said they are a lot like obsession bows. Matter of fact I believe you could shoot both brands at Outdoor proshop in Garland.

Comment

^^^^I believe you are correct sir. That's where my Halon 32 lust began. Never thought to shoot the Xpedition.

Comment

I've been very interested in them and obsession. But I've never seen either in person and no shops close. So guess I'll just keep shooting my E35 for now.

Really interested in the perfexion.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by samson33 View Post
                  Nothing similar to an Obsession except the shape of the riser. The Xpedition is a hybrid cam bow. It is much more tunable than a binary(Obsession) and will come with a stiffer draw. The stiffer draw is what creates the extra speed it will have over the binary as well. Bow is very quiet and minimal vibration. The Xpedition has a static cable guide (ATR) and there have been some reports of excessive cable wear. I own 3 and have not personally experienced any cable wear.
                  One thing worth mentioning is the Xpeditions are limb stop bows, compared to what you have been shooting and the H32, which are cable stop bows. The limb stop produces a much more solid back wall than the cable stops. Some prefer one over the other, its a personal preference.
                  Agree 100%

Only similar in looks. I love my Xcentric but it is a bit stiffer draw up front (still smooth through the draw).

Comment

Expedition

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                    Lol, well, anything oughta have a smoother draw cycle than what the Monster has. Don't get me wrong, I love my Monster, you can see vapor trails behind my crazy heavy arrows. It's a beast of a bow, just think its time for something new. Now a lot of you might think that this is absolutely absurd, but I spent a good part of my life living in South Dakota and recently learned that Xpedition Archery is based out of Yankton SD, so it sparked my interest in their bows. So now I want to test drive some.

Ken they are well built bows they do make single cam bow. they are very tuneable. have friend who has shot for Mathews for ever, became dissatisfied w their tuneing issues went to Expedition. he's like em won open class 3d state, tx okla. ark. nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                    X