SUV or Truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUV or Truck?

Can't decide what to get. Looking for people who have had experience with both. Can't decide between a Tahoe (maybe 4x4) or a f150 4x4. We will still have my dodge 2500 4x4 but it's a 2007 with 168,000 miles and it would be nice to take something else to the property. I'm afraid if we get the Tahoe she won't want to put the diesel can and chainsaw etc. in the back of the Tahoe. She's worried that if we have have kids (none yet) that if she has a truck stuff will slide all over the bed

Crew cab pickup and get one of the folding bed covers.

Comment

I have both. I tried to do the SUV without the truck and it didn't work out. There was always something just a bit too big or dirty to fit in the back. A trailer is an option but not always available at the moment it is needed.

Comment

Had both, go with the truck.

Comment

^same.

Comment

I have also had both. Had an Expedition I really liked but did not want to put the usual gear in the back of it. The great thing was the back seats would lay flat and you could easily sack out in the back. That being said, I went back to a pickup after having the SUV for only a couple of years. A spray in liner in the bed of a pickup really keeps a lot of stuff from sliding around in the bed.

Comment

Truck. I am getting tired of hooking up the trailer to the tahoe.

Comment

I've had both started with a truck and now have a Tahoe and don't regret it at all. Get weather tech floor mats and a hitch rack for the back. It makes road trips much easier you don't have to worry about getting rained on while driving. With 4 wheel drive I can go anywhere my truck could go but it handles so much better in snow and ice

Comment

im assuming your dodge isn't a daily driver? Whats wrong with continuing to drive it to the lease if nothing is wrong with it?..just asking

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post
                    I've had both started with a truck and now have a Tahoe and don't regret it at all. Get weather tech floor mats and a hitch rack for the back. It makes road trips much easier you don't have to worry about getting rained on while driving. With 4 wheel drive I can go anywhere my truck could go but it handles so much better in snow and ice
                    I would go this route with the hitch rack since you already have a pickup.

Comment

I've had both... I thought I could go the SUV route for a little while so I bought a decked out Denali. I was a sweet cat but not for what I needed, lasted less than a year before I was back in a truck.

If I was in your situation though, already having a truck I'd be going with a 4x4 SUV. You've already got a truck, get something more somfotable for road trips and stuff with the kids.

Comment

Since you already have a truck I would go with an SUV. It is really nice traveling with everything inside. No worries when stopping to eat, or gear when it is raining.... If you didn't have a truck, I would suggest a crewcab.

Neither of you will want a gas or diesel can inside an SUV for very long, so go in truck when you need to carry that.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
                          im assuming your dodge isn't a daily driver? Whats wrong with continuing to drive it to the lease if nothing is wrong with it?..just asking
                          The dodge is my daily driver. Looking to get her out of the corolla, I hate riding in that thing.

Comment

As said above I think since you have a truck get a SUV. Use the hitch carrier for stuff you don't want inside. Find or make walls on a hitch carrier for less worry about securing things inside it. Make it like a basket. We have a 2012 4Runner 4x4 and it's been solid. A little small at times but has been run through the ringer and never let us down. Next will either be a Tahoe, Yukon, or another 4runner
                            Last edited by fbchunter; 10-17-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Those who have a Tahoe. What is towing like? We have a ranger crew diesel and haul it on 16' trailer

Comment

Working...
                              X