Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
    flawed logic = having an opinion different from mine

No sir, flawed logic=taking headlines at face value and not considering actual consequences. Such as the 60,000+ tickets already sold to the games they want to just "switch" to Houston....

In my post earlier when I referenced "dense" I was not directing that at you, I did not separate 2 thoughts well. I went back to re edit but did not have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen04 View Post
      It doesn't matter who has or will won the division. It's ridiculous to be a homer in this situation and to not think rationally. I live in Houston and I'm riding this out and it sucks for the city and for the Astros. But it's sad that the Rangers are receiving scrutiny when they tried to do the right thing without screwing the end of their season for the benefit of the team with the 13 game lead. The Astros missed a great opportunity to play a home series in Arlington, in my opinion.

Exactly.

I don't care one bit if the Rangers had to play 3 extra on the road at the end, imo they've ****** away that wildcard already.

What no one seems to grasp is that what Ryan proposed, at its core, is for the rangers to tell 60,000 people who already bought tickets "you are less important than the Astros losing 3 home games that they will be payed handsomely for". And then criticizing the Rangers for attempting to go above and beyond the norm to help out, all while playing upon the emotions of the time.

They could have put 90,000+ Rangers and Stros fans in the park over the next 3 nights, raised a hell of a lot of money for storm relief, saved both teams having to fly to Florida, and brought the state together even more....but that little ****, Reid Ryan got his feelings hurt over a stupid proposal and ****** all over the thing. Then he tried to blame it on JD, and some people actually believe him.

A perfect chance for unity in a time of divisiveness...and he ****ed it up being greedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        A perfect chance for unity in a time of divisiveness...and he ****ed it up being greedy.
        Lol. Unity? In sports?
        If you believe that would happen, you're "dense".

Comment

It doesn't matter who has or will won the division. It's ridiculous to be a homer in this situation and to not think rationally. I live in Houston and I'm riding this out and it sucks for the city and for the Astros. But it's sad that the Rangers are receiving scrutiny when they tried to do the right thing without screwing the end of their season for the benefit of the team with the 13 game lead. The Astros missed a great opportunity to play a home series in Arlington, in my opinion.
          Exactly right...a rational thought from a guy in H Town of all places! You, sir...GET IT!
          Btw, prayers that you and your family stay safe down there.

I don't care one bit if the Rangers had to play 3 extra on the road at the end, imo they've ****** away that wildcard already.

What no one seems to grasp is that what Ryan proposed, at its core, is for the rangers to tell 60,000 people who already bought tickets "you are less important than the Astros losing 3 home games that they will be payed handsomely for". And then criticizing the Rangers for attempting to go above and beyond the norm to help out, all while playing upon the emotions of the time.

They could have put 90,000+ Rangers and Stros fans in the park over the next 3 nights, raised a hell of a lot of money for storm relief, saved both teams having to fly to Florida, and brought the state together even more....but that little ****, Reid Ryan got his feelings hurt over a stupid proposal and ****** all over the thing. Then he tried to blame it on JD, and some people actually believe him.

Dale just nailed it...and drops the mic!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            Lol. Unity? In sports?

I guarantee you that stadium would have been jam packed full of ranger and Stros fans and it would be the coolest vibe all season. Watch the football game this week...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
              Lol. Unity? In sports?
              If the Aggies and Horns can come together for something like the bonfire tragedy....and they **** sure did, you are the dense one.

Comment

Exactly.

Well said Dale.......hammer meet nail

Comment

I don't understand all of the ins and outs at play here, but it seems to me that they should have done whatever was necessary to get these games played in Texas and not miss a chance to raise a whole truckload of money for relief efforts, and generally just provide a cool moment for all involved and maybe a brief escape for those in a bad way down 45.

I understand it's a business, but do the right thing 1st, and the business will take care of itself.
                  Here here

Comment

I guarantee you that stadium would have been jam packed full of ranger and Stros fans and it would be the coolest vibe all season. Watch the football game this week...

Yep, Dale thier pr department needs to hire you... at least as a consultant haha

Comment

Egomaniac prevented a huge revenue opportunity for the city of Houston and a chance for fans of both teams to come together to raise funds for the cause. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                        Egomaniac prevented a huge revenue opportunity for the city of Houston and a chance for fans of both teams to come together to raise funds for the cause. End of story.

The amount of support and the opportunity this series COULD have created is unfathomable. The opportunity to come together as TEXANS and AMERICANS to support our brothers and sisters would have been there.

The notion of anything otherwise is *ucked. The idea that the Rangers are evil is *ucked.

This event is far greater than any professional athlete or any TBH member. It is a shame that egos got in the way of an opportunity to raise a boat load of money for thousands of TEXANs affected by Harvey.

Hell, I'd have a hard time even suiting up to play as a born and raised Texan.

Comment

Watching the game last night the unity was there in the stands but just wasn't enough bodies to notice. Lots of ranger fans and PLAYERS have Houston ties. The ball was dropped kinda like the 20 the Houston catcher missed last night

Comment

First clue was your screen name. Then I looked at you're profile to see you're a rangers fan. Hope you make it through the storm. I got some water in the house, but not too bad. Good luck

Comment

Much of this thread is a real disappointment and opinions definitely fall down lines of affiliation.

This began with the Astros organization wanting the switch so games weren’t lost in front of their fans and now the situation has been turned into a sanctimonious display by fans of the Rangers organization as some type of “Rangers wanted to help the victims by their decision not to switch”. Should Ryan have played it this way, probably not but that doesn’t negate the fact that this switch wasn’t about disaster relief. It was about lack of access to Minute Maid park.

The difficult logistics of making the switch on short notice is understandable and should have been the focus of this whole discussion. Playing the games in Arlington with the Astros as home team and with the profits going to the Astros would have still left Astros fans out in the cold for three games. Not sure many Astros fans have their minds focused on traveling to Arlington if they could even get out. The stands would have still been filled with Rangers fans and from the articles I have read including the one Jeff started the thread with, mentions nothing about these profits being for disaster relief so not sure where you guys are coming up with that. The disaster relief angle appears to be after the fact and on the surface appears to give fans the moral high ground. If I’m missing that somewhere then that’s on me.

Probably the biggest disappointment in the thread is the rhetoric by some members I have always had respect for. A number of the comments are out of line and I thought against the rules here.

IMO ANY article on this needs to be taken with a grain of salt and the source seriously considered as none of us were privy to the conversations taking place on the subject.

Y’all continue to hash this out as you see fit. I tried to stay out of this but had to have my say.

Pray for Texas!

Comment

The thing is this was never about home games for the Astros and statistically they are better on the road anyways. No matter if they played at the Trop or in Arlington under JD terms the Astros still lose their home games. This was about Reid being able to use a tragedy to stick it to JD for giving the boot to his dad. He knew emotions would be high and that JD wouldn't fight back in public so he made a calculated attack! That's why Reid should be fired as he doesn't represent the value either team has as Texans.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X