No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks y’all, he’s been in there regular.
    There was a big 9 at my other stand i hunted hard, but he’s moved out or is dead.
    This one has been at both stands for a few weeks.

This is only 25 acres and no bucks “live on the place”, So during the rut you gotta get lucky and take what you can get.

This is the 9 i really wanted, maybe he survived and will be back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He's a good one. Hope he will be back bigger next year.

Comment

Are they still showing signs of rut up there?

Comment

They are rutting and hitting hand corn HARD. Fresh scrapes. Still fighting. Tongue hanging out Had 400 pics last night at one spot with 8 bucks. 12 point is actually a 13 point. He was in there at 8:12 am. He’s gonna take an arrow in the morning. I’m calling it now!

Comment

Haven't noticed any 'hot' does but all the deer are hitting the hand corn pretty hard. Have seen several bucks at the corn at the same time and several fights on the camera. Older bucks are starting to show signs of a lot of rutting.

Comment

13 didn’t show but was in there at 4am. Another 350 pics last night, 5 bucks and corn pile wiped out. Gonna pile the corn up and let it rest till wind shifts north again.

Finished the 8 point from yesterday morning.

Comment

Looks great!
                You might have to get that one-eye'd beagle out to get ol' 13... Good luck!

Comment

Well he made me look stupid. Came in 5 minutes after i left [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                    Well he made me look stupid. Came in 5 minutes after i left [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ouch! That hurts

Comment

I bet he sat back and watched you leave.

I'm probably going to run to the lease Sunday and re-corn. I need to wait on a NW to E wind but I'm not going hunting and sitting in a rain storm so I may have to wait a while longer than I'd like.
                      Last edited by Etxbuckman; 12-15-2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I swear i could smell him all morning. He’s stained to the hooves

Comment

I swear i could smell him all morning. He’s stained to the hooves

That’s frustating, but I feel your pain. I’ve seen every young buck I’ve got on camera 2, 3, or more times but have yet to lay eyes on a single one of my mature bucks.

Comment

I have 4 days to get it done. Then i leave for 2 weeks on the rig.

Comment

Family found a buck caught in a barbed wire fence. Looked like it had been there a few days or maybe a week. I hate to know a deer went out that way.

But at least he was a cull and not a shooter.

Comment

Waiting on el 13 to come back. Today is the day i hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X