Cordless tool suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cordless tool suggestions?

I've got several cordless tools from different companies. Batteries are mostly shot. Costs as much to replace the batteries as it did to buy the tools.

I'm gonna get rid of all of it and replace everything with one brand.

I've got it narrowed down to Porter Cable, Ridgid or DeWalt.

Porter Cable. I've got a Porter Cable drill and reciprocating saw, a battery and a charger. They seem like good tools so far. Good price. Dependable. Good run-time per charge. Big selection of tools available. Might just get more PC stuff to round out what I already have.

Ridgid Good reviews, seem well built. Home Depot has a lifetime warranty on parts, service and free batteries. The batteries have always been my problem with cordless tools. Thinking hard about going with Ridgid.

DeWalt. Great reputation for quality tools. Higher prices than the others, but maybe you get what you pay for.

Lemme hear yall's opinions on which way you'd go.

PC has been good to me from drills to compressors.

Comment

DeWalt. Use them at work, their nicad batteries are awesome for nicad. Go lithium ion, you won't regret it

Comment

No problems with my PC tools

Comment

I just got a set of Kobalt cordless tools a few months ago, and I'm really impressed. They have some of the best warranty, torque specs, battery life, and battery prices out there. I have the 1/4 impact, 1/2 impact, and a cordless drill. I have no complaints yet. They also have a little fan in the charger to keep the batteries cool, since Li doesn't like heat.

Comment

Rigid, hands down for me. Home Depot replaced a drill and hammer drill and the batteries at no charge. The set was two years old...and they still replaced them.

Comment

I have Rigid stuff. Of which, a drill has given out. I'm on construction sites all day, every day and I see nearly all trades that rely on them using Milwaukee first and Makita second. Milwaukee will be my next purchase. Rigid has been good for three years though they are heavy.

Comment

Add Makita to your list!

Comment

Milwaukee if Ize making a living with it. Still have my old 14.4v hammer drill that just won't quit. Just for projects around the the house, I'd go with cheap and the Ncad batteries. I've got a ryobi set that all still work great with the remodel jobs and deer stand bldg etc. When the batteries crapped out, I had them rebuilt and they're more powerful and last longer than the originals. (better sub-c's used in the rebuilds) Yes, lithium's are stronger and all but they usually don't last any longer and they can't be rebuilt. Last time I checked, they would'nt even take em in for recycling. Hopefully something has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                    DeWalt. Use them at work, their nicad batteries are awesome for nicad. Go lithium ion, you won't regret it
                    Dewalt for me as well, I just recently bought everything they sell cordless. I have an old 18V drill that is at least 7 years old and has the same batteries that I use all the time. I can use it all weekend on the same battery and it has been dropped on more surfaces and different heights than I care to remember . I was in Home Depot the other day and an older gentleman was arguing with the clerk about a fee they charge for sending a tool in for repair. He said I have a lifetime warranty , it is a year old , AND "you didn't charge me the OTHER two times I sent it in for repair" . I told him maybe you should buy a different drill

Comment

I have Dewalt and am happy with them, but wouldn't hesitate to buy rigid or Makita.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

If I didn't have so much desalt crap I'd switch away from them.
                        Broke the handle off an 18v xrp last yr when 1/2" bit caught.
                        Surprised by that really.
                        The chuck on my 20v impact just broke
                        Flew apart when I was changing a tip out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dewalt
                          They even built an adapter to use the new 20V batteries in the 18V tools.

Comment

I have used all three of those. You will probably be happy with any of them. I am a Dewalt guy all the way. Dewalt and Milwaukee are commercial grade your other two are not. If your not a contractor it won't matter. LI batteries all the way, they are night and day more powerful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X