Challenges of Public Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenges of Public Hunting

I'm planning on doing a little hunting in the SHNF this year. I saw this picture, and started to laugh.
    Attached Files

Funny thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
      I'm planning on doing a little hunting in the SHNF this year. I saw this picture, and started to laugh.
      Haha!!! It's the opposite! I'm always kicking dirt to cover up the DEER tracks so other hunters don't catch on. One tip is to get a sign and write something like "Youth hunter ahead". That usually buys me a week or so.

Comment

Funny!!

Comment

That's funny

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Comment

That's funny....

Comment

When I find a good spot and want to trick hunters from hunting in the area i always get toilet paper fold as normal then whipe just a little mud preferably from not the immediate area on the paper to mimic crap then dig a shallow hole then fill with leaves or whatever.Leave dirty paper visable. It works trust me. And if you see a hunter comming rattle and grunt way too much,go overboard and even say hi kinda loud to them. Be sure to tell them you hunt here all the time ,and invite them to join you. If all else fails tell them about Jesus. They wont come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                    When I find a good spot and want to trick hunters from hunting in the area i always get toilet paper fold as normal then whipe just a little mud preferably from not the immediate area on the paper to mimic crap then dig a shallow hole then fill with leaves or whatever.Leave dirty paper visable. It works trust me. And if you see a hunter comming rattle and grunt way too much,go overboard and even say hi kinda loud to them. Be sure to tell them you hunt here all the time ,and invite them to join you. If all else fails tell them about Jesus. They wont come back.
                    The last item would illicit a conversation from me...

Comment

Good brother!

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                        Haha!!! It's the opposite! I'm always kicking dirt to cover up the DEER tracks so other hunters don't catch on. One tip is to get a sign and write something like "Youth hunter ahead". That usually buys me a week or so.
                        Now that's just wrong! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                          Now that's just wrong! LOL!
                          Last year I put one out that says " woman hunter ahead!" I got the " what is that supposed to mean?" Comment from my wife. Haha lol

Comment

I've done a lot of public land hunting in Idaho, and a few years ago another hunter scared a nice 6x6 elk I was stalking into the next county. I may have to try the TP idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                              Originally posted by GTRH8R View Post
                              The last item would illicit a conversation from me...
                              x2 . You'd probably get a good friend for life outta me

Comment

Working...
                              X