Brushy Hill River Pasture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hill River Pasture

Anyone hunted this pasture? What kind of stands can you put up, etc?

U can utilize almost any type of stand due to all types of trees. BIG oaks, mesquites and thick brush.

Comment

wow waht kind of game is out there

Comment

Your best bet is to get Nick to brush you in a blind on your first trip. After you have seen it, you will be able to take it from there...

Comment

this place seems pretty cool. Who all have been out there and had success?

Comment

Great folks! Lots of spooky deer due to hunting pressure! But, be persistent and stick to one good spot, they will come. I prefer tripod stands or brush blinds. if you use a pop up, they will spot you from a mile! Plenty of 130 - 140+ but you have to get close to the thick stuff along the corn route.

Comment

We've hunted the River east pasture for the last two years from treestands you have to think outside the box hanging them in mesquite trees though learned last year if your on the corn route you have a good chance at a doe for sure last year I had a nubbin buck scare a nice 10 pt that was two steps from getting kabobbed made me sick but that was the last hunt and I had a blast they were starting to rut and I grunted 5 different bucks in that morning!

Comment

So I'm hunting the River Pasture in a few weeks... have any of you all been there this year? I'm not as excited about this pasture compared to others, but I haven't been to Brushy Hill before, so I don't have anything to base that on. Any other stories from this location?

Comment

Just got back yesterday, hunted Hog S, party of 15 down for 3 day hunt and only 2 spikes taken, hunting is tough, Game Warden came in one night and said not hardly any deer been killed this year, good luck and God Bless
                  Bish

Comment

This Weekend should Kick things Off for the Season. Had a Many of good Thanksgiving hunts back in the Day there

Comment

I'll be there the week after the peak of the rut... Hoping the bucks are worn out and hungry

Comment

Working...
                      X