Chute dogging dew area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chute dogging dew area

Hey guys, my boy wants to try chute dogging. Anyone around here know where he can grab a steer and give it a go? Would prefer somewhere near Johnson County as we live in Joshua. Even if we can fid a roping arena that will let him jump on one of them would be great.

Go to the local Cowboy Church. They will be able to point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did some steer dogging in school and will say this, good contractors have dogging steers and then they have roping steer. A roping steer does not make a good dogging steer. I went to a rodeo one time and had roping steer and those of us that was trying to dog did not go well. After being jerked around with ropes they acted like we weren’t even there. They are hard to get down. So what I’m trying to say is, if you find some steers and it doesn’t go well or not as good as planned don’t give up. And good luck

Comment

LOL I started chute dogging in High school, then started bulldogging soon after. I continued for about 18 years. Great friends and memories were made.
        Good luck to him! I am no help. When I first started we would rent them from Smith Brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
          I did some steer dogging in school and will say this, good contractors have dogging steers and then they have roping steer. A roping steer does not make a good dogging steer. I went to a rodeo one time and had roping steer and those of us that was trying to dog did not go well. After being jerked around with ropes they acted like we weren’t even there. They are hard to get down. So what I’m trying to say is, if you find some steers and it doesn’t go well or not as good as planned don’t give up. And good luck
          I used to rope when I was younger. After our runs, we used to let the kids that wanted to chute dog go grab them and throw them just to get some practice. I can see how they may be tougher though.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
            LOL I started chute dogging in High school, then started bulldogging soon after. I continued for about 18 years. Great friends and memories were made.
            Good luck to him! I am no help. When I first started we would rent them from Smith Brothers.
            Used to love Smith Brothers when I was younger.When I was younger and roped, I made a lot of friends and had a great time. Would like for my boy to get to experience it all.

Comment

Working...
            X