No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to hook up the boat and hit the road. Headed to palacios with good friends! Should be an excellent weekend of hanging out and doing some fishing.

Anyone hit the gas wells in west matagorda bay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Solo this morning.

Very nice. I knew I was going to regret not taking your offer when you asked if anyone wanted to tag along, I just couldn’t go today

Comment

I’m gonna be at Surfside in the morning. Gonna chase some trout in the surf and also drop some baits 300-400 yds out and try and hook up to jaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Took the wife on a romantic kayak paddle of the lighted canals of west galvatraz last night. Caught more undersized trout than you could want. We dined on axis snack sticks,crackers and shiner light blonde.

It was a good 16 year anniversary date [emoji28][emoji28]

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Took the wife on a romantic kayak paddle of the lighted canals of west galvatraz last night. Caught more undersized trout than you could want. We dined on axis snack sticks,crackers and shiner light blonde.

It was a good 16 year anniversary date [emoji28][emoji28]
            Sounds like a fine date

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              Sounds like a fine date

Wasn't too bad

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                West Matagorda two weeks ago. All on a topwater. Pretty good day. Marshhunter I sent you a PM. Good luck.
                This man can flat fish. Ready to go again soon.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                  Blast & Cast Men's Ministries will be well represented.
                  Walker?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to East Matty this AM. 1st thing I want to do is THANK panhandlehunter for the help of where to launch & cross over into the bay. His help really made the trip easier. THANK You Sir!!
                    We had a SW wind at 12 or so early. Ran to the south shoreline & found us a spot to pull into. Lots of folks out today. I waded into a school of reds right off the bat & caught at least 14 reds out of it. Only 2 made the cut, but it was fun catching 18-19 in reds. Ended up catching a trout there too. Things slowed down & we finally found a few trout. We had 4 we took home & my son CPRed at 26 in trout. Wish we had a camera in the water ,but didn't. My son heard a splash at one point & saw a small shark slap through. As you can see in the pic, he got him a mouthful of tail. I was about 50 yards from the boat & hooked up & turned out to be my last red to make a limit. Overall a great day on the water & learned some new country. Never fished that part of the bay, usually fish west.
                    THANKS Again panhadlehunter!! I owe you one!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      Went to East Matty this AM. 1st thing I want to do is THANK panhandlehunter for the help of where to launch & cross over into the bay. His help really made the trip easier. THANK You Sir!!
                      We had a SW wind at 12 or so early. Ran to the south shoreline & found us a spot to pull into. Lots of folks out today. I waded into a school of reds right off the bat & caught at least 14 reds out of it. Only 2 made the cut, but it was fun catching 18-19 in reds. Ended up catching a trout there too. Things slowed down & we finally found a few trout. We had 4 we took home & my son CPRed at 26 in trout. Wish we had a camera in the water ,but didn't. My son heard a splash at one point & saw a small shark slap through. As you can see in the pic, he got him a mouthful of tail. I was about 50 yards from the boat & hooked up & turned out to be my last red to make a limit. Overall a great day on the water & learned some new country. Never fished that part of the bay, usually fish west.

Sharks in east??? Say it isn't so!!

Comment

Where did you launch?

Comment

Glad you found some fish! I'm making a quick trip in the morning. Key down there is getting an early start. Seems like everybody is late moving, I'm usually on the water before sunrise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            Sharks in east??? Say it isn't so!!

There's a few on that end with Mitchell's right there. Nothing like west bay though.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Glad you found some fish! I'm making a quick trip in the morning. Key down there is getting an early start. Seems like everybody is late moving, I'm usually on the water before sunrise.

Your making me consider adjusting my alarm..... we are leaving Willis so early the hookers will still be working when we roll through Houston as it is [emoji849]

Plan to hit the ramp around 6:30.

Comment

Went to Galveston Bay today with our favorite guide, Nathan Grey. Ended up with 20 trout and 1 red. He said it’s been the toughest year down there in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X