Tips please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips please.

I just got a Samick Sage 62" 50#. I've been plinking around with it some this weekend and hopefully not build too many bad habits. I just strung it, put some feathers on my 7595 Goldtips that I shoot out of my compound and started flinging. From my limited experience I seem to remember that setting the brace hieght is one of the tuning points. Is there a rule of thumb for setting the brace hieght? Any beginers pointers would be appreciated.

Go to the stickys at the top of the page and then get with someone that knows good form and take a lesson or two. I might suggest Deb, Javi,Bisch , or someone on here will chime in and help. If there is a small cost involved it will be money well spent.

Comment

Samick says the recommended brace height on that bow is 7 1/2 to 8 1/2. I would start at 8" and tune from there. With my Sage, just above 8" seems to be the sweet spot

Comment

Southpaw, after looking around, seems the manufacturer recommends 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 inches for the 62". I reckon you'll have to play around with it a bit to find your sweet spot but from what I've read, 8" should be a decent starting point.

I'm just a beginner myself but keep in mind you might not have great success until you get some arrows more suited to your setup, although I'm sure you'll still have fun shooting. Those 7595 are quite stiff according to the Gold Tip spine chart.

Comment

Well, you guys beat me too it :-)

Comment

Well, after looking at the chart a bit more, I reckon those 7595's wouldn't be too terribly stiff if you have a draw length of 29"+.

I think I'm reading it correctly :-) Sometimes I confuse myself...lol

Comment

Tip - those 7595's are way to stiff for a 50# bow unless you are using a real heavy point, but to know for sure what you need for shafts & arrow config we would need to know what your actual draw length is.

8" +/- a tad should work perfectly on that bow.

Rick

Comment

Thanks guys, good info. I don't think I've got 8" of brace hieght right now so I'll be making that change. As far as the arrows I didn't ecpect the 7595's would be right. I fortunate to have a friend that has a number of different arrows and I'm hoping to hook up with him and see what flies well and fits the chart. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X