Swackers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swackers?

Anyone use these heads? just curious if anyone had a story or any pictures of the damage non game.

I want to say there was a thread on them earlier this week with some pics.

Comment

There are alright.
      Not as much blood as a rage though...
      Decent head overall

Comment

Search for (swacker bh on an ear tagged pig) LOTS of blood!!!

Comment

Used them for the first time this year. Shot 5-6 deer (MLD) and had no problems. Closest was 10yds and went 12yds, farthest was 43yd and went 45yds and was down. The others were at 20-22yds and went less then 30-40yds. Had no problems and they left big blood trails. Had pass thru on almost all and even the ones that didn't go completely thru they still left a good blood trail.
          Plan on using them again this next season.

Comment

I used them last deer season for the first time. Shot the biggest buck to date for myself and had a complete pass through and a blood trail anyone could follow. Great broadhead IMO

Comment

Thats what i like to hear. i used slick tricks and they killed the deer great but blood trails where lacking. i hope these do better

Comment

Any certain ke they require?

Comment

i think it is 60 ft lbs. im shooting a mathews MR6 at 303fps with viking archery arrows so i wont have any problems with KE

Comment

Been using them for 3 yrs with no complaints or regrets. Very tough broadhead in my experiences with them.

HG

Comment

Switched last year. A deer, turkey and coon later I have no regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                        There are alright.
                        Not as much blood as a rage though...
                        Decent head overall
                        The deer I have shot with the swackers have bled like you were dumping 5 gallon buckets of red paint out

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
                          The deer I have shot with the swackers have bled like you were dumping 5 gallon buckets of red paint out
                          It's all shot placement overall. But
                          The reason I say rage leaves a better trail is.... It cuts more that 2 inches going in, and 2 inch exit.
                          Shwackers gives you a 1/2 inch entrance and a 2 inch exit. It's common sence ..
                          I shot two piglets last year, same exact shots on both but one with a rage and one with a 125 grain shwackers, overall the raged piglet had twice the amount of blood...
                          Again this is my experience and my .02 everyone has different opinions

This is the entrance
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365808736.852539.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	24190632

Comment

True and agreed on shot placement but I just have zero faith in the original rage. My buddy just shot a coon with one and it didn't deploy or break the bands. I do want to try the new steel rage. But I had a 8-10" exit wound on a Doe last year from a 2" swacker but she was quartering

Comment

Been around 20+ years that should tell you enough

Comment

Working...
                              X