Elbow Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elbow Pain

I have been dealing with pain in right elbow for over a year. It’s starting to effect daily activities. Couldn’t pull my bow and hold it for any length of time. I have had cortisone injections, but they are short term relief if any. My doctor says that I probably won’t be able to get the injections for awhile. We have been discussing Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy. This procedure involves drawing your blood and spinning it in a Centrifuge to separate the blood cells from the plasma and allows for a concentration of platelets. This is then injected into the damaged area. Suppose to jumpstart the bodies healing process. He is telling me there is like a 50/50 chance this could help. Unfortunately, the procedure is not covered under insurance and is quite expensive. Has anyone tried this therapy and what were the results?

I was a rep for one of the company's that started the PRP stuff several years ago. It works for some, and not others.

I have elbow pain as well and there has only been a couple things that help me. 1) Buy some VooDoo floss and learn how to wrap your elbows and work them over like a mother humper, it will hurt like heck at first, like terrible. But it gets better after a few days and much better after a few weeks. My pain was caused by weak extensors, but feel much better now. 2) Look up SmashWerx on YouTube, the guy is a stud when it comes to getting you back on the road to health. My big break through actually came when I started really stretching my biceps and it helped my elbows greatly.

I hope this helps. Some VooDoo Floss and couple lacrosse balls and some instruction and you will be able to actually fix the problem, if it is soft tissue based, and not just mask it with shots. Good luck to you!!!

Comment

I have a Dr. appt. Friday for this exact thing......(this ain't my first rodeo)
      I've been dealing with constant pain, since Jan..
      Tennis elbow, I suppose.....
      Iced it, heated it, cursed it, and nothing seems to help..
      It's beginning to affect my beer-grip..... something, clearly has to be done....

Comment

I had elbow pain and used zostrix on it . for 4 or 5 days it didn't seem
        to be helping , then one morning pain was all gone

Comment

Ive been seeing a sports medicine type place- Airrosti - for elbow pain.
          Once an MRI proved to a bone doctor it wasn’t an operable repair I sought help elsewhere.
          They have me doing exercises to strengthen lower back muscles and forearm exercises that have helped tremendously.
          I don’t have a medical background, but if I understand correctly what they are telling me - its the muscles and ligaments pulling on the elbows causing the pain.
          When I started seeing them my right elbow pain was about an eight now it’s about a two. My left elbow about a seven and now a three, we are working more on it now.
          Here’s an example of the exercises they have me doing.

I’m not suggesting this option is for everyone but something similar might help some of those out if your orthopedic surgeon rules out structural damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m sitting in my chair now waiting to head to the hospital for a 7:15 surgical appointment for my left elbow. Been through the shot series, no permanent relief. Had my right elbow done 35 years ago and it’s still good. Hoping for the same results on my left. Bow season is just around the corner and I got to get this thing fixed.

Comment

I had the constant pain as well. I dealt with it for about a year. Did the injections also, but those where only a temporary fix. I finally had surgery and that took care of my pain. It's been several years ago now, but I believe it was a tendon or ligament that had separated from the bone. Time was never going to heal it. I feel fine now. It took some physical therapy to recover, but I did recover. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
                I have been dealing with pain in right elbow for over a year. It’s starting to effect daily activities. Couldn’t pull my bow and hold it for any length of time. I have had cortisone injections, but they are short term relief if any. My doctor says that I probably won’t be able to get the injections for awhile. We have been discussing Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy. This procedure involves drawing your blood and spinning it in a Centrifuge to separate the blood cells from the plasma and allows for a concentration of platelets. This is then injected into the damaged area. Suppose to jumpstart the bodies healing process. He is telling me there is like a 50/50 chance this could help. Unfortunately, the procedure is not covered under insurance and is quite expensive. Has anyone tried this therapy and what were the results?

Where exactly does it hurt? Mine is the inside of the elbow, I guess at the bend. Is that tennis elbow???

Comment

I can't even lift a glass of water with my right arm, my elbow hurts so bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                    Ive been seeing a sports medicine type place- Airrosti - for elbow pain.
                    Once an MRI proved to a bone doctor it wasn’t an operable repair I sought help elsewhere.
                    They have me doing exercises to strengthen lower back muscles and forearm exercises that have helped tremendously.
                    I don’t have a medical background, but if I understand correctly what they are telling me - its the muscles and ligaments pulling on the elbows causing the pain.
                    When I started seeing them my right elbow pain was about an eight now it’s about a two. My left elbow about a seven and now a three, we are working more on it now.
                    Here’s an example of the exercises they have me doing.

I’m not suggesting this option is for everyone but something similar might help some of those out if your orthopedic surgeon rules out structural damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2 ...... I have issues at times was told same thing about working the forearm to fix the elbow. It has really helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post

That was my deal too. as soon as I would reach for it and start to pick it up instant pain in the elbow.

Comment

PRP worked well for my son's knee, in place of steroid injections after his ACL surgery. He is allergic to steroids. He was having some patella tendon pain, they used part of the patella tendon as the ACL replacement. A couple days after the PRP treatment he said it was 100% better.

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post

Better go see a good orthopedic Dr pretty soon. Like others have said, some of these problems will never heal on their on. Had my right elbow done about 35 years ago and never had a problem since. Had my left elbow done yesterday morning. Told the Doc that I had to be able to shoot my bow by mid September. He said I’d be in great shape by then

Comment

This is what you will look like after surgery. Sorry, don’t know how to flip the pic.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good Lord! I don't want no surgery that makes me stand on my head.

Comment

Working...
                              X