No announcement yet.

Side Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't discount the mowing business. People want someone they can trust and count on. Your business will grow. Cant remember if you can do this or not unless your a Realtor. Buy a membership to the HAR MLS. If you can do that you can find rental properties with out of state owners and drop them a line. Some of them need people to keep their properties up. Once again, advertise or contact Realtors in your area and inform them of your expertise. When they find out your trustworthy they will use you.

Comment

Don't know who you would contact but my wife ordered a BowFlex exercise machine to be shipped to the house, they offered to send someone to put it together for $300 dollars, she declined. I put it together in less than an hour.
      If you could figure out who with bowflex to contact about being an installer you could make some pretty good extra coin for very little effort.

I would think that they they have to contract that out because its not like there is a Bowflex shop in all of these cities with people just waiting to go out and put them together.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
        I buy and sell items. I really enjoy buying and fixing four wheelers and stuff. I bought a 400$ wheeler this year. Put 150 in it and traded it for a boat worth 2800$. But funds are tight and it's been hard to come up with the money to buy stuff to fix at the moment. Some stuff you can just buy and turn aronnd and sell without putting more into it. Look on Craigslist and some Facebook pages. People get desperate and basically give stuff away.

So.... You need a side job to fund your side job!

Comment

Exactly. Aka tax return or catching up after the holidays lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
            Yep, no kids yet. The wife and I are about a year out of school and are in the pay off student debt mode currently. Just looking for something that's more beneficial for me to spend a few hours a night on rather than sitting there and thinking about it.
            Good for you - most folks your age are out looking for ways to spend the $ that they have and then some more that they don't have with credit cards

Comment

Thought about working late shift or part time at hardware store or something of that nature? If you have a feed store in the area they usually are looking for someone willing to move feed and hay around an load. Our local one used to call and pay decent when the hay truck arrived just to have help unloading it into the barn.

Comment

Work at Home Depot not alot extra money but you get a pretty good employee discount.

Comment

Building/fletching arrows is always a good way to make some change as long as you have the money to front on a good jig and a network of customers

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    I drove bus
                    LOL

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
                      From what ive seen, there is more demand for powder coating than hydrodipping but that may be becausr thats what i do. The reason i am trying to get into it is because ive had quite a few people want camo cups and you really cant do camo with powder coat. So far, my results havent been even close to what i would do for a customer! I really need a bigger vat and much more practice! There is a technique to it that i just havent mastered! I did do some smaller stuff for myself that came out ok. Still not good enough to offer for sale though!

Here are a few of my cup failures lol

You're not too far off.

Water heat, film time on water, activator, base coat surface, base coat type.... all has to come together

Oh and bubbles....

Comment

dryer vent cleaning
                        don't cost much to get into and dang near everyone has one

Comment

In college I started my own mobile car detailing business. I would go to the customers home or work place and detail their car so they did not have to go somewhere. I would charge 80 dollars for cars and 120 for trucks or suvs. They even tipped me almost every time. I would make on average 100 dollars in 2 hours.

All I did was put flyers in one nice neighborhood than the rest were repeats and referrals. I use to do maybe 5 cars a week not even trying to advertise and make an extra 500 cash a week tax free.

If you tried hard especially in Houston you could make some serious money.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                            You're not too far off.

Water heat, film time on water, activator, base coat surface, base coat type.... all has to come together

Oh and bubbles....
                            Yep, my vat size is too small and that cup was my first time ever to dip anything! The bubbles got me for a while. Not enough angle, dipping too fast and too much activator all played a role! Still learning.

Problem is finding enough time to tinker with it between powder coating! So far, the only time ive had is christmas because i took 4 days off from PC

Comment

I do window cleaning animal trapping and lawn care.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                                In college I started my own mobile car detailing business. I would go to the customers home or work place and detail their car so they did not have to go somewhere. I would charge 80 dollars for cars and 120 for trucks or suvs. They even tipped me almost every time. I would make on average 100 dollars in 2 hours.

All I did was put flyers in one nice neighborhood than the rest were repeats and referrals. I use to do maybe 5 cars a week not even trying to advertise and make an extra 500 cash a week tax free.

If you tried hard especially in Houston you could make some serious money.
                                This sounds like a great idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X