No announcement yet.

Covert camera wireless App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This bad boy is all you need. 12v 7.5 watt solar charger with a 50 ah battery all in one. All you need to do is plug into camera and you are set for years. This is for electric fence lines up to 30 miles. This thing is bigger than it looks weighs 27lbs.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
      This bad boy is all you need. 12v 7.5 watt solar charger with a 50 ah battery all in one. All you need to do is plug into camera and you are set for years. This is for electric fence lines up to 30 miles. This thing is bigger than it looks weighs 27lbs.

Not looking to spend $300 on it but thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        I got it from Ultramatic a long time back. My uncle tried getting it and he ran out of them and is not going to carry them anymore.

So he then bought a 5 Watt panel with controller on some battery place online and all seems good so far.

It sucks, as I love these panels and IMO I think they are the ticket

Ok thanks. I'll experiment more with it. If you have access to your camera can you check your battery voltage? I think this 10 watt panel is big time overkill.

Comment

So I haven't received any pictures in the past 24 hours, and whenever I request a real time photo, the app says "internal service error". The batteries still show a 9 and I have good signal. Has anyone seen this issue before?

Comment

Originally posted by alack392 View Post
            So I haven't received any pictures in the past 24 hours, and whenever I request a real time photo, the app says "internal service error". The batteries still show a 9 and I have good signal. Has anyone seen this issue before?

Mine had that message when my data plan expired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
              Ok thanks. I'll experiment more with it. If you have access to your camera can you check your battery voltage? I think this 10 watt panel is big time overkill.
              Yes I agree. I wouldn't go more then 5 watts, especially since 2.88 WATTs is working for me

Comment

Yes I agree. I wouldn't go more then 5 watts, especially since 2.88 WATTs is working for me

That's why I was hoping you could check your voltage. If yours is still at near 13 volts after a few months it's plenty. If it's draining slowly I could step it up some.

Comment

That's why I was hoping you could check your voltage. If yours is still at near 13 volts after a few months it's plenty. If it's draining slowly I could step it up some.
                  Not making any promises but I will try sometime.

Let me see what you think. SO I have 3 coverts with the exact same setup except 1 has cheap AA's whereas the other 2 have 12 rechargrable AA's. Well I moved the one without rechargeables to a new place I picked up to hog hunt and the next day it dropped to 7.

This maybe the 12v or the fact that the internal batteries are running low. Considering my other 2 have been out just as long if not longer, I think its the internal batteries. But we will see this week

Comment

Not making any promises but I will try sometime.

Let me see what you think. SO I have 3 coverts with the exact same setup except 1 has cheap AA's whereas the other 2 have 12 rechargrable AA's. Well I moved the one without rechargeables to a new place I picked up to hog hunt and the next day it dropped to 7.

This maybe the 12v or the fact that the internal batteries are running low. Considering my other 2 have been out just as long if not longer, I think its the internal batteries. But we will see this week

Are they all in full sun? My panel is actually rated at 1.86 watts so yours at 2.8 watts isn't a huge difference but maybe just enough to keep up. Mine was draining slowly and would have probably lasted a year but it would have ruined the battery in the process.

Comment

Are they all in full sun? My panel is actually rated at 1.86 watts so yours at 2.8 watts isn't a huge difference but maybe just enough to keep up. Mine was draining slowly and would have probably lasted a year but it would have ruined the battery in the process.
                      Well this camera has been until I moved it. I moved it and it took maybe 15 pics and 1 day later it instantly went form 9 to 7.

The location its at now has a limb preventing it from getting good sun. Will go cut it this week, and take 12v out and charge it and put charged AA recharegables in it

Comment

Well this camera has been until I moved it. I moved it and it took maybe 15 pics and 1 day later it instantly went form 9 to 7.

The location its at now has a limb preventing it from getting good sun. Will go cut it this week, and take 12v out and charge it and put charged AA recharegables in it

If it dropped to 7 your battery is probably down to almost 6 volts which is not good. It may be ruined but maybe not if you get it charged back up soon.

Comment

Yea it just dropped to 6 after a few pics. So maybe the battery is shot. Or maybe it became unplugged. Not sure.

I will check tomorrow I hope

Comment

Just set mine up with solar panel from ultramatic and rechargeables in the cam with a 12 volt battery. As soon as it fired up it was on 7, I get 25 or so pics a night and it drops to 5. By noon it's back up to 7. I'll see what happens over a little more time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I called them about mine that the flash quit on today and she said send it in and they will send me a new one. I asked her if they could send me a 2015 model and she said no. I'm not thrilled about having to pay over $3 more per month to do the same thing I'm doing now. I might just leave it in the package and sell it when it gets here and switch to Spartan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok finally had time to rig this thing up with the large panel. 10 watt panel with battery tender charge controller. Starting voltage on the battery is 12.26 volts. Should only take a day or two to see if it's doing its job.

Comment

Working...
                                X