Covert camera wireless App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey folks, those of you with 2015-2016 Covert cellular cameras, it looks their wireless app for Apple & Android devices is out now for DL. Anybody heard anything about it or tried it yet?

Last edited by Roscoe; 03-02-2016, 09:02 PM.

Sweet!! Been waiting on this!!! Was suppose to have been out alot sooner though

Comment

I had no idea. I'll download it now. My camera is out in the field. Curious how/what it does.

Comment

Holy crap. Good to hear.

Comment

I can not get on the website listed in the app to figure out my user ID and password. Let me know if anyone gets this working

Comment

Originally posted by Kbeaz View Post
            I can not get on the website listed in the app to figure out my user ID and password. Let me know if anyone gets this working
            Me neither. I wonder if its for their newest cameras. It looks like you go through them now to purchase service for their cameras instead of a wireless carrier.

Comment

Could be that it's just available for their pro staff/beta testers right now.

One thing is almost certain, you'll have to do a firmware update on your camera before it'll work with the app.

After you have have it up and running, it might do firmware updates remotely as needed.
              Last edited by Roscoe; 03-02-2016, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbeaz View Post
                When I go to www.covert-wireless.com, it takes me to some "My Yii" website.
                Is that what everyone else is getting?

And I find it odd that there is no mention of the app on the main website www.covertscoutingcameras.com

Comment

I'm getting the same thing

Comment

Interesting! I'll make a call today and get the scoop!

Comment

sweet.

Comment

tag

Comment

I called and am on a list that they are going to contact when they finish testing it(a few weeks). At that time, they will send out a new SIM card and then if you have the 2015 or newer camera you will have to sign up your service through Covert, which is still through the AT&T portal. You will need to install the new firmware, but they said don't do it now, wait till you get the new SIM card. You can call them and give them your name and email and they will contact you when they are complete with testing.
                          Last edited by RRFishNHunt; 03-03-2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RRFishNHunt View Post
                            I called and am on a list that they are going to contact when they finish testing it(a few weeks). At that time, they will send out a new SIM card and then if you have the 2015 or newer camera you will have to sign up your service through Covert, which is still through the AT&T portal. You will need to install the new firmwaess, but they said don't do it now, wait till you get the new SIM card.
                            I guess you need some kind of serial number off the camera when you called to determine what year the camera is? I'm sure mine are 2015 as I bought then new last year but you never know

Comment

Originally posted by RRFishNHunt View Post
                              I called and am on a list that they are going to contact when they finish testing it(a few weeks). At that time, they will send out a new SIM card and then if you have the 2015 or newer camera you will have to sign up your service through Covert, which is still through the AT&T portal. You will need to install the new firmware, but they said don't do it now, wait till you get the new SIM card. You can call them and give them your name and email and they will contact you when they are complete with testing.
                              Sweet! Keep us updated.

Comment

Working...
                              X