Bathroom shower remodel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathroom shower remodel question

I have a faux marble shower in my master bath and whoever originally installed it didn't do worth a crap job. My question is it is it possible to disassemble the panels in the shower or will I be totally rebuilding it? I am pretty handy so I am not afraid to do the work myself, just hoping to save some money on this deal.

Thanks for any help in this.

I think I would start over. you may repair one spot then another needs repairing. Pictures would help.

Comment

Ours is a bottom base with a top base. Bottom screws in first then the top is placed to get the top lip over the bottom lip so no water gets to the back.

I would imagine it would be a pretty easy fix. Of course you would need to replace some sheet rock, touch up etc but doable. Might need help as the bases are heavy and flex quite a bit. I am not sure if that helped?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb1206 View Post
        I think I would start over. you may repair one spot then another needs repairing. Pictures would help.
        I'll get some pics this evening. It is a full custom built shower with 3 sides, top and bottom panels and has thin trim pieces around all corners.

From what I've been reading online I'm pretty sure it is all going to have to be pulled out and scrapped.

Comment

I just finished the same project right before Christmas. Our shower door broke and I didn't want to put nice new glass over old, builder grade cultured marble. I ripped it all out to the studs, poured a concrete pan, put in a new rough in valve, hardibacker and tile for the shower and tub surround. It was not difficult to do, just time consuming as I did all of the work by myself. I think my total labor time was about 60 hours or so. The only thing I did not do myself was the glass. We went with frameless glass. The redo made a huge difference in our bathroom.

I don't have tapatalk yet but will try to install it today so I can upload some pics.

Comment

Pics
            Attached Files

Comment

Yours is almost identical to mine. I ripped it out, to the studs. The pan was pretty shoddy too so I pulled it. If you need help or have any questions im just down the road!

Comment

Its doubtful you will get the panels out without breaking them. Id plan on a full redo. And when you do, look into a good membrane so this doesnt happen again. Kerdi and Hydroban are great products.

Comment

Those will be scrapped once removed. They aren't designed to be disassemble and reassembled... if that's what you were asking

Comment

Originally posted by Big Brass View Post
                    I just finished the same project right before Christmas. Our shower door broke and I didn't want to put nice new glass over old, builder grade cultured marble. I ripped it all out to the studs, poured a concrete pan, put in a new rough in valve, hardibacker and tile for the shower and tub surround. It was not difficult to do, just time consuming as I did all of the work by myself. I think my total labor time was about 60 hours or so. The only thing I did not do myself was the glass. We went with frameless glass. The redo made a huge difference in our bathroom.

I don't have tapatalk yet but will try to install it today so I can upload some pics.
                    Hey, how about you go finish your bobcat tanning thread from 2009! We've all be waiting for the final product!!!

Comment

I took out a panel in mine and found a lake behind it. Had to gut the bathroom.

Comment

Bathroom Shower Enclosures Model

now in these days shower enclosures is very essential for making good bathroom, i have 4 shower enclosures in my home i bought shower enclosures with very good quality and cheap price at dabbl de

Comment

Working...
                        X