No announcement yet.

Big Oak Trad Weekend, VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too. I have duck hunts scheduled the next two weekends.

Gary

Comment

2 weeks from today! It can't get here soon enough!

Comment

Yep!! I'm ready.

Comment

I think I've got my bow and arrow set up about right. I'm looking forward to but I need the time to get it right with my bow. I want to put an animal down for sure but I don't want to look foolish in the games either.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            I think I've got my bow and arrow set up about right. I'm looking forward to but I need the time to get it right with my bow. I want to put an animal down for sure but I don't want to look foolish in the games either.

Gary
            No worries. Just do what I did. I took a pic of one of Buff's arrows last time we were there and had a half dozen made identical to his. I'm just gonna claim all his shots.

Comment

My arrows look like crossbow bolts compared to you tall fellas.

Gary

Comment

I have been practicing with Sacajawea every night. That is a sweet shooting bow. One question for you guys. When you are sitting and shooting, do you tend to shoot left or right? I have been practicing shooting sitting down, I realized my shots tend to be left. I also realized I was dropping my shooting arm down during the shot. . .

Comment

I know I have to really focus on form when seated and back tension is a key.

Gary

Comment

When I'm "off" I normally shoot left. I'm left handed, and I think it's caused by plucking the string. I have to constantly work on my release, it's my weakest link I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                      When I'm "off" I normally shoot left. I'm left handed, and I think it's caused by plucking the string. I have to constantly work on my release, it's my weakest link I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      after you pluck one, put the bow down and try this drill, act like you got the string anchored and pull your hand back dragging your knuckles across your face back to your ear then let the hand finish naturally, do this about 20 times, excellent drill

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                        I have been practicing with Sacajawea every night. That is a sweet shooting bow. One question for you guys. When you are sitting and shooting, do you tend to shoot left or right? I have been practicing shooting sitting down, I realized my shots tend to be left. I also realized I was dropping my shooting arm down during the shot. . .
                        Typically when seated, I tend to shoot too high.

But, back when I used to have an closed stance standing, when I sat, I would shoot left. When I started shooting with a more open stance, they both converged. People will tell you that you typically don't draw as deep sitting and I think that has alot to do with your alignment sitting vs standing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good thought, I will try that tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Gary
                            Stop psyching yourself out. Prepare as best you can, come, and roll with it. If you don't want to be the worst shooter there, just bring plenty of whiskey to share. I know a few that will falter

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Case of Crown. Got it.

Gary

Comment

Case of Crown. Got it.

Gary
                                Make it Crown Black and some may forfeit.

Comment

Working...
                                X