No announcement yet.

Thermacell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two, but am on the fence about their effectiveness. In my box blind they work very well, but out in the open I've not seen them work so well. I'm not sure if the wind blows the repellent away or what. Even on my deck last night I had it on and the skeeters were still hitting me.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      I have two, but am on the fence about their effectiveness. In my box blind they work very well, but out in the open I've not seen them work so well. I'm not sure if the wind blows the repellent away or what. Even on my deck last night I had it on and the skeeters were still hitting me.
      Try putting it upwind of you like on your deck and see if that helps... According to what I've been told and read, the skeeters find you by your breathing and follow your CO2 output... If you put it upwind a bit its vapors will swirl around you and should cover you sufficiently to keep them at bay.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        Can y'all post the link to these women hair care butane canisters?
        Haven't seen one in a while. Not even sure they make those curling irons anymore. But, it's been a while since I looked last, but, when you did find them, they were a lot cheaper than the ones in the sporting goods section.
        I normally go thru a butane on a couple of pads. Always have more pads than fuel it seems.

Comment

Works great if the wind ain’t blowing it all away. But then u usually don’t have much of a mosquito problem anyways. I put it in a box blue or pop up with me no problem. Never had it spook off any game

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            I use mine in a tree climber. I always set mine up above my head. I don't want to smell the stuff. It has an effective radius of like 12 feet. I don't have problems unless I'm not using it. Wind or no wind. Its gonna run unless its too cold for them to fly.

I love the earth scent wafers. They seem to do the best IMO.

Comment

I can walk outside, or work outsise without getting bitten. But if there is one mosquito in a 10 block area it will find my wife and bite her.

We have like 4 of them and one that lives on the back porch. My wife can sit outside for hours with one of those things running. She loves them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of wafers is every one using?

Comment

Been using one for years. They work great. Wind will affect them if you’re in the open but mosquitoes usually are that bad when it’s windy anyways. I put mine under my seat in a tree stand. Never had a deer spook from the smell either.

Comment

Originally posted by txtom View Post
                    What kind of wafers is every one using?
                    I’ve never had any problems with the “scent free” version. I’ve used earth scent also. I’ve never had deer have problems with either one

Comment

I'm one of the few people that don't love thermacell.
                      I was hunting in East Texas in September a few years ago and the mosquitos were thick. A friend let me borrow their thermacell. I put it right under my blind chair. While it did reduce the number of mosquitos buzzing around I still spent an entire hunt swating. Spray still works the best, in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        I'm one of the few people that don't love thermacell.
                        I was hunting in East Texas in September a few years ago and the mosquitos were thick. A friend let me borrow their thermacell. I put it right under my blind chair. While it did reduce the number of mosquitos buzzing around I still spent an entire hunt swating. Spray still works the best, in my experience.
                        Probably because of your Bownanza peach digging coon fingers![emoji23] But seriously, maybe the pads weren't fresh?! I've had good experience with em in ETX, but if you leave them sitting with the pad in em, it looses effectiveness.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                          maybe the pads weren't fresh?!
                          That's what I think.
                          If in a blind, and the skeeters aren't clinging to the windows trying to get out, time to change the pad!!! Or, it wasn't even on!!!
                          The ONLY time I have ever seen it not work well, is doing a spot and stalk thru the woods.

Comment

Won't go to the woods without one!

Comment

I've had one for years and wouldn't go anywhere in the woods without it.
                              When you buy one for the first time buy the extra fuel and pads as well. They will last you pretty much through the entire season unless you hunt more than three or four days a week.
                              Had mine for years and yes, it works like a champ. I've killed many a deer using it while hunting, and it's not the thermacel that scares the deer, it's your human scent.

Comment

They work for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X