No announcement yet.

A Call From Flight 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my classmates from HS was on flight 93.Her name is Lauren Catuzzi and there is a memorial in downtown Houston called Lauren's Garden.RIP old friend��

Comment

John 15:13
      Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Thanks for posting.

My wife mentioned how gloomy today was (rain and such).

I sent her the link to Mike Rowe's webpage and asked her to read the phone call transcript.

I / We will take gloomy over having to make that call any day of the week.

Comment

Some people talk patriotic and some people DO. Take that NIKE!

I don’t know which one I’d be if/when the SHTF but I pray it’s a Tom Burnett and not a CK.

Comment

True heroes. There is no telling how many lives they saved that day. They did not freeze in the face of certain death, they did not whine and reflect on themselves, they acted. Just think, someone you know and care about could very well have been spared due to their actions that day.
            Last edited by Clay C; 09-11-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
              I tear up each time I read that. That is what Heroes do, not commercials.
              Absolutely!!

Comment

I live about 5 miles from the crash site. With the memorial happening out there today, all the traffic, security, and dignitaries coming in, a lot of people do remember the sacrifice made that day. They will not be forgotten.

Comment

That right there makes me proud to be an American.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                    John 15:13
                    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
                    Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      True heroes. There is no telling how many lives they saved that day. They did not freeze in the face of certain death, they did not whine and reflect on themselves, they acted. Just think, someone you know and care about could very well have been spared due to their actions that day.
                      Selfless - for the greater good. It's a beautiful, yet tragic sentiment at times. Bless them all.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        Selfless - for the greater good. It's a beautiful, yet tragic sentiment at times. Bless them all.
                        Without a doubt. Think about people who are hugging their loved ones today who don't even know their time on this earth was almost up until the passengers of Flight 93 decided to act.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                          I got tears. Tough to read, but makes me proud to be an American.
                          X2!!

Comment

Rest Easy in Valhalla with the other warriors Mr. Burnett.

My grandpa always talked about "doing what's right and doing what's got to be done" regardless of the consequences.

Mr. Burnett did what had to be done without even blinking an eye.

Comment

Much respect for all aboard.
                              You have to love Mike as well. Such a voice of reason.

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
                                "Let's Roll"... Never Forget
                                X2

Comment

Working...
                                X