X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    Fixed it for ya.

Comment

You get a lawyer and a financial advisor. Second form an LLC then go cash the ticket in the name of the LLC. That is how you keep your name from being published.

Then you find various tax strategies including an agriculture company where you can purchase a large sum of land and use that to reduce your tax exposure.

Setup a trust fund for the kids to disperse their money in a controlled manner.

Then try and figure out how to invest a diversify the rest.

Pick out an annual salary basically and have a direct deposit made every month in the checking account.

Comment

Sounds far too complicated so I will not be buying a ticket. I don't need the troubles.

Comment

Honestly, I don't want it. I doubt whoever wins this one will be able to keep it quiet. Easy to track down llc owners. Once it gets out, your phone will ring off the hook. You will need an armed guard at your house. My wife would go crazy and it would mess up my kids. Everyone you or your family meets after this, you would wonder why they are being nice to you.
          My experience is you never really enjoy or are content with stuff that you did not work for yourself.
          Now if one of my buddies were to win, that would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
            Read this. The entire thing. Written by an attorney.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...Post/5-828009/
            That was an eye opener

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
              Ok so let say my number hits. What's the smart thing to do?
              Claim it myself?
              Get an attorney and financial advisor?
              Whats the best way to go?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
              I have dibs on that freezer full of steaks and other vittles you have been showing off here. LOL

Comment

No ones has ever told me how to spend my money for 57 years, not going to start after I win.

Comment

Scary stuff

Comment

Hide......from everybody.

Comment

I work at a private law office in Dallas that does nothing but Tax Law & Estate & Trust work. These Attys are some of the brightest and smartest people & we represent people across the country (and some internationally) who have money and want to protect it and keep it safe. Sports figures, musicians, lottery winners, endowments, etc...

I would not be an employee here anymore but would be a client. And get things on paper setup BEFORE claiming anything.... Planning everything out is the key!!

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

That article is very eye opening and very sound advice given....

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Sounds far too complicated so I will not be buying a ticket. I don't need the troubles.
                        Yeah, just give Uncle his part and spend the rest. Easy !

Comment

VERY eye opening.... Good read...

Comment

That is pretty sound and detailed advice there

Comment

Man just read that. Not real sure I’d want to win that much. Sounds like a curse. Be nice to win enough to be debt free.

Comment

Five white balls would be just fine. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X