No announcement yet.

Lease Ride Upgrade - Jeep Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool project. I am surprised the rust isn't worse coming from WV. I am from SW PA and that area loves road salt in the winter time. I had a 1996 Cherokee from 1999-2002 that all the floor pans rusted completely out. Meaning the carpet was the only thing between your feet and the ground haha. The 4.0 HO engine is awesome though. Mine was the 5 speed, but still excellent.

You guys need a lesson in proper garage footwear though. Flip flops and bare feet? Geesh!

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
      Cool project. I am surprised the rust isn't worse coming from WV. I am from SW PA and that area loves road salt in the winter time. I had a 1996 Cherokee from 1999-2002 that all the floor pans rusted completely out. Meaning the carpet was the only thing between your feet and the ground haha. The 4.0 HO engine is awesome though. Mine was the 5 speed, but still excellent.

You guys need a lesson in proper garage footwear though. Flip flops and bare feet? Geesh!
      Ha! Yeah man.. that's my brother, OSHA would not be impressed with his welding flip flops too!

After we get the rear end done we're moving to the cab, we suspect we will have to remove the floor pans or at least heavy patching on the drivers side and hopefully minimal or none on the passenger. Definitely nervous to take out the bench and remove the vinyl mat.. it's gonna be ungood!

Thanks for following along! I appreciate all comments and advice & talkin mess!

Comment

Originally posted by DoveBlaster View Post
        Nice work, looks fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Its hard work but each finished project is a great feelin! Thx man!

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
          Ha! Yeah man.. that's my brother, OSHA would not be impressed with his welding flip flops too!

After we get the rear end done we're moving to the cab, we suspect we will have to remove the floor pans or at least heavy patching on the drivers side and hopefully minimal or none on the passenger. Definitely nervous to take out the bench and remove the vinyl mat.. it's gonna be ungood!

Thanks for following along! I appreciate all comments and advice & talkin mess!
          LOL. I am guilty so I was really just kidding. Well not flip flops, I don't wear them. But I have welded in athletic shorts and they have the burn holes to prove it .

Comment

Got to work on the truck a little yesterday, well until the Texans Preseason game came on!

Passenger rear axle had a bad bearing and marred the surface.. found this shaft at a JY in good shape but with some surface corrosion. Hit it with the wire brush wheel and it cleaned up real nice. Gave it a coat of oil and put it back in. My brother helped me clean up the diff cover bolts, they look brand new! We tried the lubelocker gasket, it's really simple and hopefully worth the extra money. Primed and painted the diff cover.. I'll get another final pic next time i get to work on it. Was supposed to be today but i got sick last night and didnt feel tip top today, so a day in the sun prolly would have been too much!

Comment

Advertising that expresses reality

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by AMK View Post
                  Any updates?
                  Whats up AMK!?! Thanks for checking up on it.. I've done a few minor things over the past few weeks but life and work keeps getting in the way. We're at the point of installing the ford 8.8 axle.. pumped about getting it under there! I'll post some updates when we get time to work it in there! Project's still moving and this chilly weather has me fired up to work on it!

Comment

I just saw this thread and I'm in. Good job so far and keep us updated as you continue your progress.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got back on the H.O. project.. we mocked up the Ford 8.8 axle under the Jeep Comanche, snugged down the ubolts and took a few measurements for the new driveshaft.. we also tried on the new tires! Much more to do but really cool to see some progress!

The next day we removed the bench seat, took out interior panels, the 4wd shifter bezel and the vinyl mat. We've been dreading that there would be really bad rust underneath. It wasn't as bad as we thought. Just 3 rust holes that will need some attention. Repairing floorpans is a tough job but we'll work on it till its done!

Comment

Seeing the tires on it is cool... a sign of what will come. Great progress. Keep at it

Comment

Originally posted by AMK View Post
                          Seeing the tires on it is cool... a sign of what will come. Great progress. Keep at it
                          Thanks brotha! It's been hard to find free time but we should have some good progress over the next 2 months!

Comment

this is awesome.

Comment

Great job people like you make me sick. :-)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking great! Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X