Bag for packing out deer 200-400 price range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bag for packing out deer 200-400 price range

Ok so I got some info on a thread on bags for packing out meat and came to the conclusion that the kifaru reckoning is a bad ***. But for the bag and frame is a pretty hefty price . And I might splurge and get it but I wanna look into other options as well. I will be hunting public land and would like to get all the whole quartered up deer in one trip. Plus gear. Mostly day trips but would like the capability to do up to 5 day on times I take vacation from work. Let me see some stuff y’all tried out and like for 200-400 pric range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're not opposed to buying used, you can get into an exo 2000 or mystery ranch for that price.

New-I'd go Horn Hunter Full Curl.

I have an exo 3500, MR Bighorn, HH full curl and dana design. It's hard to pick one when I'm packing for a hunt . They are all great at packing out a load and comfortable. Best of all, they're all made in the good ol USA.

If you're looking, I have a Sitka 45, Arcteryx 45, and MR X-40 I'm looking to sell well within your range..

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
      If you're not opposed to buying used, you can get into an exo 2000 or mystery ranch for that price.

I have an exo 3500, MR Bighorn, HH full curl and dana design. It's hard to pick one when I'm packing for a hunt . They are all great at packing out a load and comfortable. Best of all, they're all made in the good ol USA.

If you're looking, I have a Sitka 45, Arcteryx 45, and MR X-40 I'm looking to sell well within your range..

Let me do some research on the ones you listed thanks for the help

Comment

The exp 2000 has the same meat pack idea as the reckoning. That is about what I’m looking for.

Comment

Where is best place to look for used ones?

Comment

You may be able to find a used frame and cargo panel for your $400 budget. That'll haul more than you'll ever want to.

Then down the road you can add whatever bag and accessories to it. Check out Rokslide

Comment

I second the Horn Hunter full curl! I've had mine for 2 years and have been very happy with it!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

Kuiu ultra 6000. I actually went with the Icon Pro but I want this bag now because of its lighter weight:
                This PRO LT Lightweight Hunting Pack in Valo Camo is our lightest full-featured bag built for the hunter counting every ounce. Get it online at KUIU today!

Comment

It took me some time but I picked up my Stone Glacier under $400. I’ve since added a second bag so now I have lots of options

Comment

most of the western hunting forums have a really good classified section that you can find deals on packs.

I'm waiting till I find the Stone Glacier Solo I'm looking for used

Comment

I got my exo a few weeks ago for $320, ten minutes from where I was working that day. I swung by when I was done and got to try it out before I bought it. That was on rokslide.

Comment

I've been packing elk out of the mountains for years using a $30 military Alice frame pack that I bought an the Army/Navy surplus, and old king-size pillow cases to put the meat in instead of expensive "wild game bags"... Call me cheap, but i've never had an issue with that methodology.

Comment

Just spend the money and get the kifaru duplex. Yea it sucks but buy once cry once. I will second that you do not need a bag unless you end up doing a backpack elk hunt etc. The cargo panel is a very versatile and capable accessory. You can get buy even cheaper by just buying some bulk webbing and side release buckles to lash stuff to the frame.

I run a nomad and a grab it 2 on mine. For elk hunting I just put everything in the kifaru camp bag and strap it down with the nomad and grab it. Then I can just drop camp and roll. I use mine a ton in texas.

Comment

I previously ran a homemade cargo panel on mine.

Comment

Working...
                            X