Tomb Of The Unknowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turtlewax View Post
    What is the differance in the new and old guard?
    "The Old Guard" is the nickname of the 3rd Infantry Regiment.

If you're ever in the area during the summer, make an effort to attend a "Twilight Tattoo". http://twilight.mdw.army.mil/home

Comment

Also made a point to take my son there when we visited D.C. Very eye opening for him the silence from him until we got to the dart system was enough evidence to me that he understood. Still we talked what seems to be forever about that experience.

Comment

Every spoiled American should visit this once. I've been twice and cried like a baby both times. Probably out of guilt and shame that I never served.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information!
          This was one of the Guards during the storm.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-XiuZRb_4UU"]Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - Honor Guard - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Awesome post!!!

Comment

Thanks for the read, this is one of the few reasons I want to visit D.C

Comment

Been there. Changed.

Comment

Surreal feeling sitting here watching them guard. And the change of the guard. This was August 2014. We also saw a horse drawn caisson near the Kennedy eternal glame gravesite.

Comment

I went out barefoot the other day, it was pretty dang cold.....so I got that going for me....

Those guys are awesome and should be the role models in our society instead of the athletes and rappers

Comment

When we went in 2002, it was pouring rain. There was only about 20 other people there with me.

At the change of the guard, it literally stopped raining until the new guard did his first 21 steps then the down pour started. It was a very special feeling. I will never forget that feeling

Thanks to these guys and to the guys who are resting there.

Comment

I'll bet Obama has never even visited it or seen it.

Comment

SOB prolly doesn't even know what your talking about! ^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by stx bowhunter View Post
                            Awesome post!!!
                            bump

Comment

It's hard to fight back the tears after reading this thread and seeing that Fox news report.

Comment

Working...
                              X