First arrow refletch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First arrow refletch...

Just wondering if anyone else has sloppy glue syndrome and if it will make a huge difference in my arrows flight...
    Attached Files

What glue are you using?

Comment

I have a buddy that is the worst at making arrows. His look a ton worse than that. But he is a good shot and his arrows fly as true as mine. So I say no flight issue.

Comment

I used fletch tite since i already had that but some others suggested super glue so if this doesnt work ill get some super glue

Comment

Just make sure your shaft is very clean.

Comment

I use Easton glue and love it, after I get the fletching on I'll wipe off access with an old towel I keep in the tool box. That's not bad looking though but I do like to see glue come out all the way around the fletching. Let's me know the whole surface is glued and not just some of it.

Comment

Well for the first time I would say it doesn't look too bad. They should fly fine. One trick is to run a toothpick down the base of the vane before the glue sets. I will make a pretty bead and pull the excess off.

Might try the lock tite super glue gel also. And a little goes a long way.

Comment

I used acetone to clean it and made sure not to touch it afterward. Ill try the toothpick or rag to remove excess and see how that helps. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  Well for the first time I would say it doesn't look too bad. They should fly fine. One trick is to run a toothpick down the base of the vane before the glue sets. I will make a pretty bead and pull the excess off.

Might try the lock tite super glue gel also. And a little goes a long way.
                  ^^^ this. The lock tite gel sets very quickly (stable in a few seconds) and all you need is a really small bead down the center of the vane. The pressure pushes the rest out and then take a toothpick or whatever and pull the remaining glue off. Clean and easy. Uh, just don't do like me and get the glue all over you fingers and start grabbing vanes...

Comment

PRACTICE : ) That is really all it take.

Comment

I got some re-fletched at an archery shop who's name I will leave out. They looked terrible, so sloppy, I felt I could have done better but they fly perfect.

Comment

I used fletch-tite, and the first couple I had came out about like that, ain't had a problem with flight so far! Good luck!

Comment

should be good to go!

Comment

just cut back a tad on the amount you are using add just a smidgen to the front of each vane and you will do fine, they will shoot fine just the way they are, look a lot better than the first ones i did . you will get the hang of it with a little practice

Comment

I hate reading through a lot of posts....so I'll give you my advice even if it's already been said.

I use Easton glue, you can get it at academy, it's an instant glue much like superglue.

Clean both sides of contact, vane and shaft with acetone or alcohol, whichever you prefer.

THe secret to good glue lines is, be very very conservative. I start at the front or back of the vane with it in my Bitz clamp. Put a small dap and take the tip of the nozzel and smear it down the base of the vane.

It's always plenty enough to stick the vane, then I go back and put a dab on the front and back of the vane.

This method works very well and your arrows will look clean. I never liked fletch tite cause it takes forever to dry usually and it squirts out of every seam it can.

Comment

Working...
                              X