SHOWER MAKE OVER questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHOWER MAKE OVER questions

We are remodeling and currently working in the bathroom. We are making a 4' x 5' walking shower. I want to use corrugated tin for the walls and rock on the floor. Carry the tin throughout the BR on the low side of the walls, going from about 3' up, cedar will be used to finish it out the upper portion of walls and closets
    Has anyone done similar? Pics? Advice?
    I have been on google image search several days getting idea's and looking for more.
    thx

Wanting tin inside the shower? Ribs running vertical or horizontal?

Comment

I’ve dont a lot of tile work and numerous showers...never thought about using tin on the inside. Your only option I think would be to run the ribs vertical. Anything else would be askin for a leak I think. I’m interested to hear other opinions on this. To me, I just imagine problems down the road (leaks at every bolt/mounting point), it will eventually rust making it hard to clean, etc.

Comment

Maybe use a good contractors adhesive rather than screws and a good moisture barrier behind it and a quality polyurethane clear coat on top of it.

Comment

I would definitely agree that running the ribs vertical is a must. Also, make sure you seal the cedar before installing. The heat and moisture in the bathroom will cause it to swell and eventually rot. For the tin installation I would use sealing washers at each screw location in the shower. Good Luck and post pics!

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
            We are remodeling and currently working in the bathroom. We are making a 4' x 5' walking shower. I want to use corrugated tin for the walls and rock on the floor. Carry the tin throughout the BR on the low side of the walls, going from about 3' up, cedar will be used to finish it out the upper portion of walls and closets
            Has anyone done similar? Pics? Advice?
            I have been on google image search several days getting idea's and looking for more.
            thx
            Lots of seams to worry about and cleaners are usually very acidic. Might lead to problems down the road.

Comment

It will be your standard corrugated roofing tin, ribs ran vertical. Its a go on this, so I will take pics as it progresses. Up for tips for anyone that's been there, done that

Comment

Working...
              X