Tuning guidance please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And these.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Im thinking of slimming down the riser grip to not choke so high to the rest...or whittle a custom middle finger grip for absolute placement for consistency...or fashion a collar below the rest. Not sure.

Still needing guidance.

Keepin on keepin on.

Comment

I have a problem of getting nock high no matter what with a bareshaft. I don’t shoot through paper because you have to have a perfect release every time. I think your problem is more in the string hand than your grip. Most particularly the wrist. I know for a fact you get those results from a high elbow. Like I found out, your elbow doesn’t have be high if torquing the string with your wrist. It took me taping a couple paint stirs to immobilize my wrist to see how bent my wrist was a full draw. It also taught me that if your wrist stays straight, you are forced to draw with mostly your back muscles. I was getting wear on my shelf material much the way it’s hitting your glove. Fixed my string hand wrist and fixed a lot of different problems. Also for what it’s worth, on my bow hand, I hold my knuckles up at a 45 degree angle to the bow. Then I put my finger tips lightly on the center of the back of the riser just to keep it in my hand at the shot. Everyone grips the bow different though.

Comment

Thanks for the tips Ken. I do shoot with a decently high elbow...at shoulder height or slightly above...I really engage my rear deltoids and trapezoids...to a lesser extent the lats...but still engaged.

Ill take look at my string wrist angle. Which direction was your wrist bending? In out up down?

Id like to cut a shaft or two. I think Im ready with my form and nock height... indicated by the consistent horizontal paper tears.

The glove contact didnt seem to appear until I shot my recurve daily with the bow held vertical...until then I shot consistently with the bow canted.. mainly due to the shallow shelves.

If I habitually cant during practice...should I cant during tuning and tune my arrows to the cant? Ive consciously gone away from canting since the new year but still cant regularly just because it feels natural and easier for keeping the arrow shelved.

Comment

Shot from my favorite cant angle...45 degrees...ish. Aint perfectly horizontal... but itll ride. Next chance given...Im cutting some shafts.

Comment

I don't know if you aware of this or not, but just in case.

This also applies to fletched arrows.

Rick
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X