X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant do anything

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm afraid there's not a whole lot he can do criminally if it was in a joint account. I'd hire a lawyer, or at least talk to one asap and see what you can do civilly. I hate that for him. Bad deal.

Comment

Sorry sack-o-chit. $40K is a lot of money, specially when you’re retired.

Comment

If she runs up that credit card he will end up paying that too. You should cancel it now.

Comment

If you got a lady and you want her gone.....................

Little AC/DC tune popped in my head as soon as I read your first post

I would be on the phone cancelling every CC right now and emptying every account I could that she had access to

Hope you get her cut off before she gets any deeper

Not sure anything can be done but if I thought she was trying to kill one of my loved ones I would at least call the authorities

Comment

I do not know the answer. But, maybe call APS (Adult Protective Services). I know you can report family members who are not taking care of/stealing from elderly. If nothing else, maybe cause her some trouble. I bring this up because of strokes, or other elderly illness (dementia) he may not be able to make the fully competent decisions, hence she is taking advantage of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                If it’s a joint account it is both their money and there’s nothing he can do about it. I’m not saying he might not get a pit bull divorce lawyer to get some back, but legally it’s more than likely hers now.
                He sees more than he doth know. Money is gone with little recourse.

Comment

Due to him being mentally altered from meds in the past, now he says he's not sure if she has power of attorney on him for medical or finances. Not sure if she had him put hishome in both of their names, not sure if she is executor of his will, not sure of anything she's had him sign in the past year!!! Supposedly he signed a will, giving her everything, that is in a safety deposit box. She took his key to it so IDK what to do about that either! How do we go about making all that null & void, if in fact he signed all that? Going to be putting my wife in charge of everything. I'm trying to have a game plan for tomorrow to get this all taken care of before she does more damage!
                  My wife said the step moms car is in his name so hopefully I can get that yanked out from under her!!!!

Comment

Use the doctors report along with his statement and file felony assault charges. And she's only gone until the money runs out, then she'll be back for more.

Cancel the credit cards and open a bank account only in his name. File restraint order, change will, and file for divorce.

Best of luck for him.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      Due to him being mentally altered from meds in the past, now he says he's not sure if she has power of attorney on him for medical or finances. Not sure if she had him put hishome in both of their names, not sure if she is executor of his will, not sure of anything she's had him sign in the past year!!! Supposedly he signed a will, giving her everything, that is in a safety deposit box. She took his key to it so IDK what to do about that either! How do we go about making all that null & void, if in fact he signed all that? Going to be putting my wife in charge of everything. I'm trying to have a game plan for tomorrow to get this all taken care of before she does more damage!
                      My wife said the step moms car is in his name so hopefully I can get that yanked out from under her!!!!
                      Lawyer up.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Lawyer up.
                        No doubt! I'll be calling one in the morning. Is there a particular type lawyer for this scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          Use the doctors report along with his statement and file felony assault charges. And she's only gone until the money runs out, then she'll be back for more.

Cancel the credit cards and open a bank account only in his name. File restraint order, change will, and file for divorce.

Best of luck for him.
                          The plan tomorrow morning is file restraining order, changing door locks, eviction notice, change bank account, kill credit cards, call a lawyer (for will, power of attorney, civil suit for money, divorce), find car title info., nursing care, & anything else I can think of. We've never dealt w/anything like this so it's all foreign to us. Any more input is appreciated.

Comment

What county?

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                              What county?
                              Tarrant.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                                The plan tomorrow morning is file restraining order, changing door locks, eviction notice, change bank account, kill credit cards, call a lawyer (for will, power of attorney, civil suit for money, divorce), find car title info., nursing care, & anything else I can think of. We've never dealt w/anything like this so it's all foreign to us. Any more input is appreciated.
                                You may want/need the lawyer to threaten her just so she doesn't try to get half of the home value and half of all other assets.

She needs to be scared into signing divorce agreement getting nothing else. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X