Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks wes!

Comment

Tagged! Let me know when you have more boxes available! After reading this thread and looking into the Amazon Fire Tv with Kodi, I'm about to tell Direct tv to pound sand.

Comment

How well does this work with two tv's and two boxes running simultaneously in different rooms? I need to check and see how fast my internet is...

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          How well does this work with two tv's and two boxes running simultaneously in different rooms? I need to check and see how fast my internet is...
          Works fine, kodi is actually built to operate off of low speeds. 1.5-3mbps
          Of course faster speed works much better.

i have one box left from this last batch. $75 I have more on the way that are double the specs and will be $125

current box is 1gb Ram, 8gb Flash. new box is 2gb ram, 16gb flash.
          kodi runs fine on both.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
            Works fine, kodi is actually built to operate off of low speeds. 1.5-3mbps
            Of course faster speed works much better.

i have one box left from this last batch. $75 I have more on the way that are double the specs and will be $125

current box is 1gb Ram, 8gb Flash. new box is 2gb ram, 16gb flash.
            kodi runs fine on both.
            What's the difference in the new vs old boxes in "tech for dummies" talk? ...and how much would two of the new boxes be? My wife just checked with our provider and our internet is currently 12mbps with 350G max. We are upgrading to 24mbps and 450G max per month. Would that be sufficient for 4k HD movies etc...

Comment

What's the difference in the new vs old boxes in "tech for dummies" talk? ...and how much would two of the new boxes be? My wife just checked with our provider and our internet is currently 12mbps with 350G max. We are upgrading to 24mbps and 450G max per month. Would that be sufficient for 4k HD movies etc...
              new is a little more snappy on the system itself and has more storage for apps ect. both run kodi fine.

yes the internet should be fine.

$225 if you buy 2.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                new is a little more snappy on the system itself and has more storage for apps ect. both run kodi fine.

yes the internet should be fine.

$225 if you buy 2.
                Thanks! I appreciate you answering all my questions. I'm a little clueless to alot of the tech stuff. PM coming in a few...

Comment

Quick question for sometime familiar with Kodi and The Beast. This is all fairly new to me and I'm starting to learn how to navigate but would like to have some sort of "favorite" list for all the tv shows we watch. I currently have to go through multiple screens drilling down the menus to get what I'm looking for. It's it possible to make a list?

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate you answering all my questions. I'm a little clueless to alot of the tech stuff. PM coming in a few...

Pm sent Josh.

Comment

I built a DB8 antenna for about $15 and got a booster from radio shack for $70 and I get 42 digital channels. My furthest channel I get is around 100 miles away. You can go to tvfool.com and inter a little info and see what channels you can get at your address.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                        Quick question for sometime familiar with Kodi and The Beast. This is all fairly new to me and I'm starting to learn how to navigate but would like to have some sort of "favorite" list for all the tv shows we watch. I currently have to go through multiple screens drilling down the menus to get what I'm looking for. It's it possible to make a list?
                        Yes there's a way to make a watch list/library. If your using 1 channel our salts(their only two I know of) there's a video showing how to set up a library on YouTube, just Google how to set up a library on kodi. If your using exodus like I am, you need to enable and install trakt, again a video on YouTube on how to do that also. I'm still learning all this stuff too, and YouTube has helped me allot.

Comment

Wes, what kind of boxes you using for your builds? Are they better than the fire box?

Comment

best idea yet. cable is a big rip off!

Comment

hey wes. I'm using your build and got IPTV simple client to work. How do I get to the guide?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                                hey wes. I'm using your build and got IPTV simple client to work. How do I get to the guide?
                                enable the iptv simple client (under pvr addons) enable itpv EPG, and enable the PVR in kodi settings. restart kodi and it should build out the guide for you automatically.

Comment

Working...
                                X