• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does I/E stand for?

Comment

Instrumentation/electrical

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        Analyzer tech is a really good gig. Normally 4-10's and usually a step above I&E in pay.

What are the prerequisites for this job? Brief job description?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ktex View Post
          What does I/E stand for?

Instrument and electrical

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Analyzer tech is a really good gig. Normally 4-10's and usually a step above I&E in pay.
            Yep. Measurement and I&E jobs are where the easy money is lol. You gotta be pretty sharp on electrical though.

Comment

Originally posted by JAGR View Post
              What are the prerequisites for this job? Brief job description?

Analyzer Technicians work to maintain process analytical equipment.

Very high demand. Great job and pay.

Comment

look into and apply for I&E where I work they get paid the same as operations but work Monday through Friday. And every once in a while they hire people with no experience and send them to school and let them work so they still get there 40hours. We are hiring operators and welder/pipefitter now also.
                If you are looking for a career with one of the plastics industry’s most enlightened employers, Ascend Performance Materials offers an opportunity to develop a true sense of fulfillment and pride in your achievements.

Comment

As everyone else is stating, if you go back to school, go I/E. Same basic classes as process operator, but more flexibility in jobs (PO, I/E, analyzer tech, etc). Board operators usually get paid slightly more, but they normally have years of experience. Outside operators are usually paid slightly less than I/E, but the OT built into their schedule usually puts them making slightly more. I/E normally work 4-10's or 5-8's depending on the plant and sometimes work shift (again depending on the plant). A lot less stress and a lot less hassle for basically the same pay. You also have the ability to move to operations with an I/E degree. Last plus is there are normally 3-4 times as many process operators graduate every year compared to I/E. Around here, the market is saturated with canidates with process operator degrees. Thats why plants are looking for experienced operators instead of just degreed candidates.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Comment

I've been working shift work for ten years now and if I could do it again I'd do the instrument tech program. Like others have said you don't have to work shift work and you'll get the same benefits as everyone else. Also something to think about is how flooded the market is with people trying to get into operations jobs. There are even pages on Facebook with several thousands talking about who is testing and where. Also most of the baby boomers have retired and the hiring is really slowing down making it even harder to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by csanders View Post
                      I've been working shift work for ten years now and if I could do it again I'd do the instrument tech program. Like others have said you don't have to work shift work and you'll get the same benefits as everyone else. Also something to think about is how flooded the market is with people trying to get into operations jobs. There are even pages on Facebook with several thousands talking about who is testing and where. Also most of the baby boomers have retired and the hiring is really slowing down making it even harder to get in.

The more research I do, the more I am thinking I&E is the way to go.

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Originally posted by JAGR View Post
                        Wanting a career change and have been applying heavily to these positions.

I have a BS in geology from Texas A&M and have worked in O&G since I graduated in 2010.

Is it worth it to get a process technology certification?

What can I do to set myself apart with no actual petrochemical experience?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Pm sent

Comment

"working" is a loose term. Be sure you tuck your pants inside your boots, tends to get pretty deep.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                            "working" is a loose term. Be sure you tuck your pants inside your boots, tends to get pretty deep.

[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                              That's against plant policy! Oh and don't forget to tuck your shirt in..

Comment

That's against plant policy! Oh and don't forget to tuck your shirt in..
                                And dont forget your harness and yo-yos in an open field 3 rungs up a 6' step ladder! Also, make sure you are clean shaven so a resperator seals well even though, you are not fit tested to wear a respirator and wearing one without being fit tested can mean immediate termination.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X