Anyone used a GOPRO camera for hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used a GOPRO camera for hunting?

Thinking about getting one, was wondering how y'alls set up was for hunting.

Will have to check that out. I ordred a Lid Cam and sent it back...cheesy. Im looking for a decent hat camera to do different shots. i have a nice Sony HD video cam but wanted something that mounted on the brim of my hat.....Thanks!!

Comment

I'm looking for the same thing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on AT&T

Comment

I guess what I'm asking is, on the GOPros, how do you tell what you are filming?

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I have been considering a contour hd... U might check them out here...
            Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

Comment

I bought one and used it the month of October. It is a really cool camera. It does real good hunting if your deer are within about 35 yards. Outside of that it's real hard to tell what it is. You can tell a deer but can't tell much more than that. I bought the 16 gb SD card and I would just turn it on and let it record. Then after the hunt edit what I wanted in imovie and format the SD card. One thing about it in the water proof cover there is very little sound. When I would shoot my bow it's very quit. Anything you do with the waterproof cover you have no sound. There are so many settings for it and attachments. I bought the attachment to wear on my head. I really like the camera!! The HD video quality is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by huntman933 View Post
                I bought one and used it the month of October. It is a really cool camera. It does real good hunting if your deer are within about 35 yards. Outside of that it's real hard to tell what it is. You can tell a deer but can't tell much more than that. I bought the 16 gb SD card and I would just turn it on and let it record. Then after the hunt edit what I wanted in imovie and format the SD card. One thing about it in the water proof cover there is very little sound. When I would shoot my bow it's very quit. Anything you do with the waterproof cover you have no sound. There are so many settings for it and attachments. I bought the attachment to wear on my head. I really like the camera!! The HD video quality is awesome!
                How do you know what you're are videoing?

Comment

I have the GoPro and love it, but have been too busy to use it hunting. When I get out in the woods and use, I'll be sure and post a review.

Comment

I have one on my bow right now. I shot a short clip this morning to give y'all a idea of how it looks. IMO the video is real good. BUT anything past 30 yards good luck on seeing it.

Y'all will have to wait till Friday when I get home though. No Internet out here to upload it at the lease

The question about knowing when your Rec. When the camera is Rec a red light is on the back of it. At least it is on the gopro hero 2 I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkag09 View Post
                      How do you know what you're are videoing?
                      Misunderstood the question in my post. I have mine set up on my stab. Line it up straight and whatever I point my bow at is what records. they make a LCD screen for it. Not sure if it is a live view though. I'm gonna check it out when I get back

Comment

Thanks berto!

Comment

I just got one and have been playin with it , works great !...not much on long distance but works good !..I have the HD hero2 outdoor and REALLY like it so far !

Comment

I'd like to set one up on the back side or down near my feeder and let it collect footage from another angle. I saw some really neat footage done this way.

There will be one on my Christmas list.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkag09 View Post
                              I guess what I'm asking is, on the GOPros, how do you tell what you are filming?
                              piggyback lcd screen

Comment

Working...
                              X