Schleicher county report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schleicher county report

Been hunting since Friday morning and just wanted to give a report on what I've been observing. Full moon, tons of acorns on the ground and high winds has been making it tough. To top it off, temperatures have gotten in the 90's the last two days. We are still seeing deer but activity during the day has been relatively slow. Corn is starting to pile up at all of our feeders. All the bucks we have seen have been alone. The does that I have had come in still have their fawns with them but all the fawns have lost their spots. I had a decent 8 that we have several tc pics of come in on me Sunday morning, offering several broadside shots at 15 yards. He is not one of our target bucks so I decided to pass. The rest of the bucks I have seen were young. There have been 2 sits where I was skunked. Starting to see rubs but have not noticed any scrapes. I'm sitting in the krivoman now waiting on sunrise. This will be my last hunt of the trip. Just wanted to give a report if what I have been observing because I know we have several TBH members that hunt in and around Schleicher county.

Here is a pic of the buck I passes on Sunday morning.
    Last edited by 8pointer; 10-07-2014, 05:58 AM.

Had a doe come in before the feeder went off. As soon as it did, she bolted. I was thinking that she would come back but never did. About 8am I saw a 1.5 6 pt... That's it so far. Gonna give it another hour and head back to Ft worth.

Comment

My feeder stopped working out there before bow season so ruined my bow season but our other lease member shot a nice buck last weekend out there. the county is picking up i think with deer. lots of twin fawns

Comment

We don't have the oaks so no acorns to compete with our feeders. The deer are hitting the feeders pretty good but most of the bigger bucks are visiting at night. It was indeed a windy sob last weekend.

Good luck

Latest card pull thread^^^

Comment

Man I would have had to pull the trigger on that deer. Fully mature and tiny brows. Great frame and tine length other than the brows. If he isn't considered a trophy he'd be a great management. Least you didn't get skunked.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
            My feeder stopped working out there before bow season so ruined my bow season but our other lease member shot a nice buck last weekend out there. the county is picking up i think with deer. lots of twin fawns
            The summer fawn crop is indeed very healthy on our place...good rains the past 2 years has really made a huge difference.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              Man I would have had to pull the trigger on that deer. Fully mature and tiny brows. Great frame and tine length other than the brows. If he isn't considered a trophy he'd be a great management. Least you didn't get skunked.
              Someone on the lease will probably take him. We only get one trophy and we've got a lot better. I think he could be considered a management buck as well with those short brows but our landowner doesnt want to classify him as a management buck. Hopefully in years to come, we will be far enough along to start shooting those big 8s as management bucks like the other places I've been on.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                The summer fawn crop is indeed very healthy on our place...good rains the past 2 years has really made a huge difference.
                That's consistent to what we've noticed. The fawn crop has been exceptional this year!

Comment

Working...
                X