It is that time of year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is that time of year

Time to break out Debbie the Doe (was a buck... tired of the antlers falling off.)

Bought her after backstrapping that doe last year. As you can see, I need to shift my focus down towards the brisket.

Double lung works great....

Comment

It's time for me to do the same thing. My backyard 3D deer has been hiding under an old grill cover since about April.

Comment

Yep, I was practicing sitting in a chair today!

It's just around the corner!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          Yep, I was practicing sitting in a chair today!

It's just around the corner!

Bisch
          Doing the same thing! Pulled the chair out today.

Comment

We've got one on order!

Richard

Comment

I had gone to grab my folding chair, but realized I left it at the lease. Got to grab another while I am out today.

Comment

Looks like dead deer to me

Comment

Been practicing myself, I'll be chasing speed goats next weekend & Sept 1st deer season starts in Nebraska. Can't wait, my son called me this morning about weather conditions... 54 degree's this morning....

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                    Double lung works great....
                    Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                    Looks like dead deer to me
                    If that is where the deer was when the arrows arrived, I would agree... all great shots. In fact, the deer I did take down last year (Trad) the arrow ended up right where you see. But I was aiming for the white patch of hair in the armpit.

I only mention this for the newer trad hunters on here. At 10-15 yards, with a slower bow (180 fps vs say 280 fps) the deer have a bit more time to duck an arrow. For my first shot on a deer with a trad bow, I aimed for the heart and got the backstraps instead. She was at about 14 yards, the same spot I had shot a buck with my compound. I aimed for the same spot. But my arrow was traveling about 2/3 as fast and that was enough to let her live another day.

Some folks on here aim as low as down the leg, I have a hard time doing that myself, I personally aim for the "arm pit" or where the leg meets the brisket. If the deer doesn't duck, it is a low heart, if it does duck, it is a high double lung or a heart shot, etc.

Comment

sounds like a plan!

Comment

Having not been able to get outside and shoot in over a month, and not having shot my recurve in months I was very happy to see these results

Comment

I have to remember to practice differently for hunting than I do for 3d tournaments. Starting now, I get back in the habit of aiming much lower.

Comment

That's some good shooting!

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great shooting Corey!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X