Cool Calm Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Calm Cat

Fri. morning I had my sights set on one of the bruiser 8's that had been getting closer to my lanes. I had one solid 3.5 eight point come 70 yds. and was making his way to the oat patch away from me. I hit the can followed by a few grunts and stopped him. He began to go back where he came from and looked towards my setup only to go back in the brush. I'm sure he did a circle around me to get down wind of the sounds of the would be doe/buck. Oh well, maybe next year. A little too young anyway, but would have been a good bow buck. So he got the pass from the others as well who had been rifle huntin.

Fast forward to Fri. evening. Once I got settled in the pop up out jumps a huge boar with nice cutters but never stopped to give me a shot. About thirty minutes before sunset, out steps this bobcat all cool and calm. So without hesitation I put my bow up and waited for him to clear my open window and I stopped him with a mouth squeak. I drew quietly and my muzzy tipped arrow hit him, except when I fired my bow it sounded like a .22. I feel that he heard the loud shot and once he heard the shot he got up on 1st and 2nd gear as fast as I can blink. Needless to say my arrow busted his back leg entering inside and blowing out his bones on the outside of his leg and bled to death. My pin was settled a little behind his front shoulder. I guess the good thing that came out of it was that none of his hide got damaged and I recovered him before the yotes got him. So I'll be taking him to the taxi. for a layed out kitty mount. Excuse the pixels, they were taken on a video camera and I all I was able to get were stills.
    Attached Files

I want to kill one with my bow

Comment

Got a few with a gun, but none with the bow. Congrats!

Comment

nice

Comment

congrats!

Comment

good looking cat, way to go.

Comment

I'm thinking something like this. Kinda sort of.
              Attached Files

Comment

i'd love to get one of these!

Comment

Good job. Congratulations.

Comment

that's cool. id like to get a shot at one myself. i like the idea for the mount as well

Comment

Congrats, good job

Comment

I'm very jealous.
                        Congrats!

Comment

A guy on my lease killed one with a bow, but not me, dangit! One day! Congrats!

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Pretty cat!

Comment

Working...
                              X