No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried these pellets for spot treatments of cedar or mesquite?

I got a bucket to use for some spot treatments in places. Should be convenient to use and transport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

JR let me know how that works, I'd def be interested. Where did you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

I got a bucket to use for some spot treatments in places. Should be convenient to use and transport.

I use them in small cedars I throw 2-3 pellets in the cedar and it kills it they work great
        Last edited by RRagan83; 06-28-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

They work fair, the hardest part is to keep rodents from packing them off. I have a producer that uses a pvc pipe cut so the end is pointed. They stick it in the ground an inch or three, then drop the pellets in. That'll prevent animals and the environment from moving them. Make sure you follow the tree diameter and canopy application amounts. Also make sure you space them around the tree and not just on one side.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            JR let me know how that works, I'd def be interested. Where did you get it?
            Feed store in Sterling.

Not cheap about 0.10 per pill but for conveinence and small scale killing it should work good.

Comment

Palmers sells them comes out to .03 a pellet

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
                Palmers sells them comes out to .03 a pellet
                That's a 1/3 of the price on the company website. Is it the same stuff?

Comment

These are from another member at our lease who went out yesterday. Deer have been putting on some more bone in the last week.

Comment

Nice!!!

I'm liking that wide 8 with the brows in those last pics....He has a cool look to him.

Comment

Very nice. The next few weeks should be exciting checking cams. Now if my two biggest deer would show back up that have been gone over two weeks! lol

Comment

Gonna be an exciting month coming up

Comment

That pop up looks a little tough to shoot in the pen...?

Comment

That pop up looks a little tough to shoot in the pen...?
                            The gentleman who hunts this spot always opens the panel before hunting. Think his plan this year is to elevate the blind.

Comment

Originally posted by jzoch View Post
                              the gentleman who hunts this spot always opens the panel before hunting. Think his plan this year is to elevate the blind.
                              10-4

Comment

Went out and fed protein this afternoon, it's still pretty green in Water Valley but the dirt is dry. Good news - couple of dead coons in the trap. Bad news - live vulture in the trap. Before the morality police set in on me, this is the land owners trap, I think his son checks them and nbashoots the coons in the trap. Not sure why they were still in the trap. At least I hope he shot and left them, I would never want something to suffer needlessly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X