Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    I thought you got laid off? Maybe i misunderstood
    We were asked to leave an EOG pad that still had two wells that needed to be perfed/fracked. Setting a packer right now

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      You seem to be getting defensive and i do not mean anything in a negative way so relax. I am in the exact same boat as you. I run a gas plant. If they lay us off its because we either screwed up, or stuff is really really bad. But they are cutting budgets like crazy and OT may slow down. I was only asking how long you have been in the business because i remember when you posted about getting hired on. Nothing more. I wish you luck as well and think you will be fine.

Sorry if I came off defensive. I guess I was a little. It always seems that's the number one thing I hear about in the oil field. "You ain't been out here long enough to know bout lay offs" or whatever.

I'm gunna enjoy my four day weekend now.
      Last edited by Skinny; 01-21-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
        We were asked to leave an EOG pad that still had two wells that needed to be perfed/fracked. Setting a packer right now
        I'm very interested to hear EOG's next earnings call to hear what their plans and thoughts are for the coming months, considering the rumors in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
          Sorry if I came off defensive. I guess I was a little. It always seems that's the number one thing I hear about in the oil field. "You ain't been out here long enough to know bout lay offs" or whatever.

Like I said I've always had an interest in O&G and followed it from the outside with a few friends on the inside sharing stories and experiences.
          I deal with it everyday.... Ive been an operator for 3 years. I just make a hand and let my numbers speak for themself.... My brother is a safety consultant for EOG in the Bakken. I have freinds and family in every side of the industry so i too can get a bit defensive when folks say certain things.
          Last edited by trophy8; 01-21-2015, 10:34 PM. Reason: cant freaking spell

Comment

Ten four on making a hand...that's about all you can do. They know which guys take care of business out there.

Comment

Buddy up here just picked up 21 miles of poly line for EOG. Said the were done.

Comment

Working non stop in Eagle Ford right now. Make sure your a hand... is right.

Comment

Originally posted by marknmatagorda View Post
                  Working non stop in Eagle Ford right now. Make sure your a hand... is right.
                  What are you doing?

Comment

Coiled Tubing

Comment

Y'all need peeps?

Comment

Originally posted by marknmatagorda View Post
                        Coiled Tubing
                        Good deal yall should be busy for a while anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                          Oh you're gunna play that card huh tough guy?

You can say what you want but when the Big Boss tells you to hammer down...that's what you do. I'm not going to change a thing....hammering down is what we have always done. I bust my *** every day and will continue to do so no matter what you or anyone else says.

Oh and for your information, I'm one of the guys that has saved...has paid off debt...with not an overly inflated income. So until the **** trickles down to us I'm gunna carry on and you should to.

I work for an outstanding company who has been through a low oil price cycle in the past...and they came out better on the other side....not gunna be any different this time buddy. Watch.

No one said anything about not working hard there big guy. I'm glad you saved, there are way to many that haven't. I tried to tell all my guys that would buy $70k trucks on trainee pay this but they knew best. Now a lot of those guys are at home figuring out how they are going to pay for it. Wasn't meaning to ruffle your feathers just saying no one is safe. You are safer then the drilling side of things but any O&G job is not untouchable in a downturn. Carry on
                          Last edited by Fightinaggies; 01-22-2015, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Sorry for coming off crass last night. I was in a **** poor mood....and your remark about not working in the industry long enough kinda set me off. Like I said I've always had an interest in oil and gas, followed it closely, and knew that's where I'd be when I had to step away from running the family ranch...heck there are 1000 wells within 15 mile radius of my house on the ranch here.

Good luck guys. Prayers.
                            Last edited by Skinny; 01-22-2015, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Well so far sounds like I'm still safe, but mom found out yesterday that she is getting caught by the Schlumberger cuts and step-dad's projects at Marathon got cut, which means his OT is basically gone

Comment

The Saudi Arabian king died alittle earlier today....... what do you think that will do to oil prices tomorrow morning??

Comment

Working...
                                X