No announcement yet.

It has begun...water tank bow blind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'm gonna call it a night on this thing. Got a platform somewhat designed. Here's a pic of it on Autocad, any pointers? Gonna try and get on it tomorrow.

Comment

Oops

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372554723.487530.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	24215180

Comment

You already have some windows in mind..
        Looks good too

Comment

Originally posted by Jp. View Post
          You already have some windows in mind..
          Looks good too
          Thanks. Ya, gonna go with 10x36 Camo hinge windows from Deerview. Just gotta get them before I can really decide how I'm gonna build my window frames. Got an idea, just need the windows in hand to check on all the little things.

Comment

looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
              looks good.
              Thanks DC

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                Thanks. Ya, gonna go with 10x36 Camo hinge windows from Deerview. Just gotta get them before I can really decide how I'm gonna build my window frames. Got an idea, just need the windows in hand to check on all the little things.
                Good looking choice. This is going to turn out nice.

Comment

Keep up the good work, It looks great.

Comment

That'll work and easy to move.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                      Thanks Bud.

Thanks for the heads up Buckwheat. I think Im going to put down the rubber mats from tractor supply for the floor. Been also thinking about getting a quote to have it spray foamed on the inside when I get my window frames and door fininshed. Depends on the price and if they will come to me to have it done.
                      Sweet. That's a great idea. I hung carpet in wall and that was a joke. I don't have windows on mine that close so the carpet didn't last long. Critters got to it. Cannt wait to see finished project.

Comment

What's the weigh on it, before you started?

Comment

I'm liking it. Keep the pics coming. Plunge cutting with a circular saw might have been easier than keeping a jig saw straight. Certainly would have been faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                            That'll work and easy to move.
                            That's the #1 reason behind using the tank, dang wood blinds are too stinking heavy to move around.

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                            Sweet. That's a great idea. I hung carpet in wall and that was a joke. I don't have windows on mine that close so the carpet didn't last long. Critters got to it. Cannt wait to see finished project.
                            Figured that would be the best way to go. My boss and I were talking about doing on some metal blinds but the metal blind idea went out the window when he started getting prices on tanks. Maybe it'll help give the paint something to stick to on the inside as well.

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
                            What's the weigh on it, before you started?
                            Found specs on one of the same size on the Internet, says 214 lbs. I believe it, it's not too heavy. I can flip it on its side pretty easy, just awkward how big it is.

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                            I'm liking it. Keep the pics coming. Plunge cutting with a circular saw might have been easier than keeping a jig saw straight. Certainly would have been faster.
                            I didn't think about that. I don't think we have one at the shop anyway, we trashed most of the ones we had. I tried with a sawzall and that wasn't happening either. Plus, our front office was locked so I couldn't get into the Sharpie box, had to use ball point pens to makes my cuts. I spent more time trying to get them **** pens to work than anything.

Comment

Headed to the shop to see what all I can get done today. Hoping there's plenty of steel laying around to get something started.

Comment

Well, didn't get much done. You would think a fab shop would have a decent amount of steel laying around. We had nothing I need for the platform. Bout all I got done today was final touches finished on the platform design, figured out what to sheet the platform with and how many rubber TSC mats I'll need. Not the afternoon I was hoping to have. But now I know what i need to order and will have it delivered sometime tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X