No announcement yet.

Who's got a job they love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck yes, stay at home dad. 4 years. I also own a custom furniture and design company, but my boss can be a real jerk. But being a full time dad is the best thing I've ever done.

Comment

Dairy business - 23+ yrs

Wake up at 3:30am
      At work by 4:00am
      COVERED in @&$% by 4:15 am
      Work still covered in @&$% till done... Usually about 8:30-9:00 pm
      Repeat, 7 days a week 365 a year. Even on Christmas, birthday, mlk jr day...every day
      Gross about $500k a year..... Net about $30k

Don't have to deal with public and I'm my own boss. But if I could find a job with same pay and not deal with public getting kicked in the junk... I'd take it

Comment

Electrical Engineer...10 years. Love my tinker time in the lab, designing circuitry and programming. Getting to do less and less of it though as I become more senior and become more involved in managerial tasks.

Comment

Railroad Dispatcher, I enjoy it

Comment

i did. was a glazer for several years. really enjoyed installing shower doors, windows and custom mirrors. made a change to make more money. i make a lot more money than i did as a glass man, but money aint everything.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse View Post
              Firefighter for 6 years. Best "job" ever
              Same here. 6 years as a firefighter in DFW. Can't imagine anything else.

Comment

Yes - 17 years

Comment

Been fortunate in that most days I truly love what I do.

Been in the Meat / Food industry for almost 25 years now.

Done tours of duty in operations and FSQA. spent the majority of my time in Product Development which is what I REALLY enjoy!
                  Don't get to do the "fun" project work any more that I am in management but it is still fun to be in the game and helping develop my team.

Comment

Love my job. Manage the hunting and fishing for an oil company. Hunt in the fall and winter and run the boat in the spring and summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                      Love my job. Manage the hunting and fishing for an oil company. Hunt in the fall and winter and run the boat in the spring and summer.
                      When are you retiring?

Comment

Hate my job. I'm retired. Forty dollar oil keeps me that way !

Comment

Flight Paramedic, 15 years and 3 at my current position. Its a fun and rewarding job.

We also bought a hauling/removal franchise this year and I LOVE being my own boss

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            I am going to work at my job about 3 more years and if I don't like it by then, I am quitting.
                            are you a slow learner? it only took me thirty to hang up the belt!

30 as leo, 10 owning an archery shop, loved both of them.... well 8 months of the year i love the shop, 4 months i wonder why i do it,,, cause it sure ain't the money!!!!!!

Comment

Love my job 32 years involved in the geotechical business last `17 years same job specializing in construction forensics. It is fun to figure out why something broke,moved, failed, or exploded. Pay is ok but I love to get up everyday and help solve problems

Comment

I own a cabinet shop. Just like anything else it is what you make of it. Some days it's the worst job ever and some days it's the best!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X