Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-22-2018, 10:07 PM   #1
Robertt
Eight Point

Hunt In: Atascosa County, Tx
Default Quickest way to tick me off!

I called Walmart asking for the automotive department but the automotive department was closed due to all the rain. I needed to replace my truck battery that was barely turning over when starting. They said I could buy one but the core charge and any difference in prorated warranty would have to be handled thru the automotive department when they opened the next day. The next day I swapped out the battery and drive to Walmart to get my core charge back and find out how much credit on the prorated warranty I should get. They give me the core charge back and the manager says he will handle the warranty part. He says there is no warranty because you have already returned this battery before. I said excuse me lets think about this logically, if I had already returned it how could I have just walked in the door with it? He said well, I'm not saying but our battery cages get broke into all the time. I said whoa, don't even go there, are you accusing me of stealing my own old battery back after I supposedly returned it before? He said well the system says it was previously returned. I told him to unlock the door to the automotive department and left. Came straight home and called the manager. Spoke with his assistant because he was out of town.

Sorry for the long post but the fastest way to tick me off is to accuse me of cheating, lying or stealing.

Last edited by Robertt; 06-22-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Robertt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:21 PM   #2
Aqckdude
Four Point

Hunt In: Anywhere

That’s just crazy! Common sense out the window.
Aqckdude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:29 PM   #3
Electrican
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher County

Walmart
Electrican is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:36 PM   #4
BowOnly81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SHNF and Trinity Co.

And that’s why he works at Walmart!
BowOnly81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:38 PM   #5
BBRU
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere....

I hate that place.... I go there as little as possible
BBRU is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:40 PM   #6
boy wonder
Ten Point

Hunt In: Albany

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbru View Post
i hate that place.... I go there as little as possible
yep!
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:54 PM   #7
rvd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

If I have to go to Walmart, I leave all expectations of service in my truck, learned that 20+ years ago. FWIW, I've had great luck with autozone batteries.
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:55 PM   #8
slicktricker
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson Co Public Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrican View Post
Walmart
enough said
slicktricker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 11:31 PM   #9
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertt View Post
I called Walmart asking for the automotive department but the automotive department was closed due to all the rain. I needed to replace my truck battery that was barely turning over when starting. They said I could buy one but the core charge and any difference in prorated warranty would have to be handled thru the automotive department when they opened the next day. The next day I swapped out the battery and drive to Walmart to get my core charge back and find out how much credit on the prorated warranty I should get. They give me the core charge back and the manager says he will handle the warranty part. He says there is no warranty because you have already returned this battery before. I said excuse me lets think about this logically, if I had already returned it how could I have just walked in the door with it? He said well, I'm not saying but our battery cages get broke into all the time. I said whoa, don't even go there, are you accusing me of stealing my own old battery back after I supposedly returned it before? He said well the system says it was previously returned. I told him to unlock the door to the automotive department and left. Came straight home and called the manager. Spoke with his assistant because he was out of town.

Sorry for the long post but the fastest way to tick me off is to accuse me of cheating, lying or stealing.
Sorry for your problem, but if you were that mad, why would you not have marched into the manager's office and dealt with him face to face?
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 12:25 AM   #10
Robertt
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Sorry for your problem, but if you were that mad, why would you not have marched into the manager's office and dealt with him face to face?
Because over the years I have learned honey attracts more flies than vinegar. I knew I was ticked and the automotive manager was an idiot. It was best I collect my thoughts and call the manager. Net result will be better in the long run. The lady I spoke with pulled the battery off to the side for the store manager to look at when he got back on Monday. I expect good results after I speak with him.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:33 AM   #11
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

Monday: what battery?

Skinny
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 12:36 AM   #12
TXhoghunter94
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Jacinto, Fayette, Leon, Real county TX

Exactly why I will do everything I can to never step foot in in there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
TXhoghunter94 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 01:28 AM   #13
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

So how exactly does this battery repo scam work? I may want in in this deal.
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 01:50 AM   #14
quackaholic1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cass county

Forget the manager call Bentonville. They usually are good at taking care of it.
quackaholic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:20 AM   #15
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertt View Post

I understand your pain. I bought an iPhone X from an AT&T authorized dealer about 2 months ago. I paid for the phone up front along with a wireless charger and a glass screen protector. I asked the manager if they did free replacements on the screen protector and he said yes but I had to bring it to one of their stores. I bring my phone in to the same store with a cracked screen protector and the people working looked at me like I was trying to steal something. I literally want to burn the place down for a $40 screen protector.

I canít make this **** up but in the middle of posting this my phone screen went black and came back on with a count down emergency 911 sound. All of the sudden 911 was on the phone asking if there was an emergency and I had to verify my phone number and that there was no emergency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:55 AM   #16
shea.mcphail
Four Point

Hunt In: Canton

Surprised nobody put tailgating on here. ��
shea.mcphail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 03:18 AM   #17
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Monday: what battery?

Skinny
Exactly

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
westtexducks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 04:33 AM   #18
Uncle Saggy
Pope & Young

How did you unlock the battery cage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Uncle Saggy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 05:57 AM   #19
BURTONboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
I understand your pain. I bought an iPhone X from an AT&T authorized dealer about 2 months ago. I paid for the phone up front along with a wireless charger and a glass screen protector. I asked the manager if they did free replacements on the screen protector and he said yes but I had to bring it to one of their stores. I bring my phone in to the same store with a cracked screen protector and the people working looked at me like I was trying to steal something. I literally want to burn the place down for a $40 screen protector.

I canít make this **** up but in the middle of posting this my phone screen went black and came back on with a count down emergency 911 sound. All of the sudden 911 was on the phone asking if there was an emergency and I had to verify my phone number and that there was no emergency

That dang government is watching you man. Threaten to burn a place down and they call 911! Lol

Op I agree 100% with getting boiling mad as soon as youre called a liar. We were in a steak shoot out recently where they put a little bitty ol ring in fat of the steak and that ring was to prove it was the meat you were given to cook. I go to turn it in and they cant find the ring. It fell out. So he looks at me and ask if its their steak. I say yes its one of the 2 yall handed us and the ring was in it when you dropped it off but barely. He proceeds to look at me with a straight face and say something like it'd sure take a lot to pull that ring out of the steak we provided. I instantly got fired up and asked if he was calling me a cheater and a liar. All he did was say well... I was about as po'd as you were with that fella at Walfart. I wish you luck come Monday, but I tend to agree with these others and avoid that place like the plague. I learned my lesson on batteries and all I buy now is Interstate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
BURTONboy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 06:58 AM   #20
El Viejo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

That’s why I’ve started cleaning my my deer in the brush.
El Viejo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 07:44 AM   #21
skinsfan
Four Point

Hunt In: Goliad/Medina County

It’s funny I read this this morning, I was just contemplating where to buy a battery today.. I guess I will give AutoZone a try, I think they will even install them for you.
skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 08:04 AM   #22
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

I think that there are only a hand full of actual battery manufacturers. They make the batteries and others get their name put on them. Longest lasting battery I've ever had came from K-Mart when they were around. I believe they were made by Continental.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 08:14 AM   #23
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:

Yup. I would have not left until I had my battery pro-rated. Face to face wins every time. It is much harder for them to weasel out of a wrong on the phone or via email.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 08:33 AM   #24
Worksalot
Ten Point

Hunt In: The woods

Walmart is known for quality and excellence through and through. Their stores are so full of quality and excellence, it overflows out the front doors and any side or back doors. Customers get the quality and excellence stuck to the soles of their shoes and track the quality all over the parking lots and in their cars and houses. You just canít escape all the quality and excellence, itís ubiquitous.

SAID NO ONE EVER.
Worksalot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 09:19 AM   #25
14JKURX
Ten Point

WALMART
I Do Not Enter.
14JKURX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #26
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
How did you unlock the battery cage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was already unlocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 10:25 AM   #27
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Yup. I would have not left until I had my battery pro-rated. Face to face wins every time. It is much harder for them to weasel out of a wrong on the phone or via email.

Easier .......not harder... needed coffee
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #28
Muskles
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
I think that there are only a hand full of actual battery manufacturers. They make the batteries and others get their name put on them. Longest lasting battery I've ever had came from K-Mart when they were around. I believe they were made by Continental.
ABC auto sells Continental. That's all I've used for around 10 years now in vehicles, ATVs, and lawnmowers. Only had one that didn't live longer than the warranty. No questions asked when I returned it either. Sorry you had to deal with stupid, OP.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Muskles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #29
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
So how exactly does this battery repo scam work? I may want in in this deal.
You return a battery just to get the core fee back. And then you sneak into Wal-Mart, steal a key, and then instead of stealing a new battery or two you simply steal the used battery you gave them for the core fee so you can return it again for another core fee. It's genius!
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #30
coy-ote
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit county

Costco batteries I took the ones from my f350 in back in March to buy new ones if needed they looked the date of my old ones and said youíve cover til may for your replacement after that itís prorated, I was asking if they could check them they donít install them only sell them if you say theyíre weak we donít test either no questions they loaned me a few tools took the batteries out went and got 2 new ones for the difference of 7.00 due to increase in price. Mind you the other batteries were almost 3 years old. Buying all my future batteries from them

coy-ote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #31
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat1 View Post
you return a battery just to get the core fee back. And then you sneak into wal-mart, steal a key, and then instead of stealing a new battery or two you simply steal the used battery you gave them for the core fee so you can return it again for another core fee. It's genius!

Old 06-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #32
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy-ote View Post
Costco batteries I took the ones from my f350 in back in March to buy new ones if needed they looked the date of my old ones and said youíve cover til may for your replacement after that itís prorated, I was asking if they could check them they donít install them only sell them if you say theyíre weak we donít test either no questions they loaned me a few tools took the batteries out went and got 2 new ones for the difference of 7.00 due to increase in price. Mind you the other batteries were almost 3 years old. Buying all my future batteries from them

How many sentences is that supposed to be?

Old 06-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #33
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:

Looks like 2 and a half
Old 06-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #34
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

Quote:

Obviously just one, but he forgot the period at the end.

Never mind. I now see he did use one period. He just forgot the period after the second sentence

Edit #2......guess River Rat was correct. 2 1/2. Iíll STFU now.

Last edited by MBV77; 06-23-2018 at 02:32 PM.
MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #35
coy-ote
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit county

Haha yep I kinda got real laced on grammar since I retired, havenít dotted an I or crossed a t in some time!!!!!! Iím on island time now boys....,

coy-ote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:36 PM   #36
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Looks like 2 and a half
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV77 View Post
Obviously just one, but he forgot the period at the end.

Never mind. I now see he did use one period. He just forgot the period after the second sentence

Edit #2......guess River Rat was correct. 2 1/2. Iíll STFU now.

I counted 13, but my junior high English teacher might disagree on one of them.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #37
Worksalot
Ten Point

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Haha yep I kinda got real laced on grammar since I retired, havenít dotted an I or crossed a t in some time!!!!!! Iím on island time now boys....,

Thatís not fair.
Worksalot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 PM   #38
Sparkles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Viejo View Post
Thatís why Iíve started cleaning my my deer in the brush.

I see what you did there
Lol

I would have been mad as heck also OP

Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 PM   #39
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

2 issues here.

1. Walmart batteries suck.

2. Walmart common sense sucks.

Avoid both problems at Interstate.
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 03:09 PM   #40
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:

I just assumed that alcohol was involved, and you were slurring your typing!
Old 06-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #41
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

Quote:
I counted 13, but my junior high English teacher might disagree on one of them.

You didnít specify run on or complete sentences.

MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #42
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV77 View Post
You didnít specify run on or complete sentences.

A run-on sentence is two or more sentences without the period separating them.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #43
Thumper
Pope & Young

Going the route you've taken, waiting for the store manager, is the best way to get results, he'll fire or replace that automotive manager.

For all you guys that can't live without a period, take as many as you need. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .....

Last edited by Thumper; 06-23-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #44
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Going the route you've taken, waiting for the store manager, is the best way to get results, he'll fire or replace that automotive manager.
And they can hire an even bigger idiot they can fire the next week.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:29 PM   #45
dbaio1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bienville and Jackson Parish Louisiana - Union Community area

If I have to speak with someone about a purchase I won't be going to Walmart. Sure there are a few good folks that work there but but for every good one there are 25 trolls.
dbaio1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 07:19 PM   #46
Shinesintx
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Franklin County

Bought a yeti Knock off at Walmart. It was their Ozark Trail brand that has a LIFETIME warranty. Took it back for replacement because the bottom was coming off. The manager said they did not make the product and would not replace it as it did not have a warranty. I explained that I understand that the product is made in China and they slap the Ozark Trail brand on it and pass it off as theirs...replace the product. I had to grab a new yeti knock off and shown them the warranty. The manager said Ozark Trail was not their brand. Wanted to punch them in the face, it eventually got replaced.
Shinesintx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 08:27 PM   #47
WCB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Grayson

Was off on a hunt and unexpected heavy rain came in. Went to a Walmart and bought a pair of waterproof boots that leaked like a sieve. Took them back to another store after getting home and they said they wouldnít take them back cause they were dirty. I said how would I know if they leaked if I didnít wear them?? Guy said nope and was adamant.
Stepped outside and called 1-800-wal-mart. Waited 5 min and stood by the return desk as Bentonville called. Manager was saying, yes, yes, yes, ok. Turned to the girl and said ďgive him his moneyĒ...😉
WCB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 11:18 PM   #48
Robertt
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaio1 View Post
If I have to speak with someone about a purchase I won't be going to Walmart. Sure there are a few good folks that work there but but for every good one there are 25 trolls.
The only really good one here in Portland is Sherie who works in the outdoors department. She knows her stuff and goes out of her way to help you.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:52 AM   #49
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW, Colorado

they tried the same **** with me on two new batteries that I had bought the previous month.

After I stood around for over an hour waiting for their ONE test machine to test both batteries, they finally said one was bad but it had already been returned.

I literally bought the batteries, replaced them, left the truck at the ranch and taken off on a flight to Florida for the next five weeks. The day I got back, the truck was dead.

I just paid for the new battery with my AMEX card and took exactly zero steps and called American Express customer service and cancelled the transaction for fraud.

Then all of a sudden, the manager wanted to "make it right"

idiots....
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-24-2018, 06:43 AM   #50
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

For all you guys that can't live without a period, take as many as you need. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ......
I think plenty of guy's on here have a period.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top