Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2018, 10:07 PM   #1
Robertt
Eight Point
 
Robertt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Portland, Tx
Hunt In: Atascosa County, Tx
Default Quickest way to tick me off!

I called Walmart asking for the automotive department but the automotive department was closed due to all the rain. I needed to replace my truck battery that was barely turning over when starting. They said I could buy one but the core charge and any difference in prorated warranty would have to be handled thru the automotive department when they opened the next day. The next day I swapped out the battery and drive to Walmart to get my core charge back and find out how much credit on the prorated warranty I should get. They give me the core charge back and the manager says he will handle the warranty part. He says there is no warranty because you have already returned this battery before. I said excuse me lets think about this logically, if I had already returned it how could I have just walked in the door with it? He said well, I'm not saying but our battery cages get broke into all the time. I said whoa, don't even go there, are you accusing me of stealing my own old battery back after I supposedly returned it before? He said well the system says it was previously returned. I told him to unlock the door to the automotive department and left. Came straight home and called the manager. Spoke with his assistant because he was out of town.


Sorry for the long post but the fastest way to tick me off is to accuse me of cheating, lying or stealing.

Last edited by Robertt; 06-22-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Robertt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:21 PM   #2
Aqckdude
Four Point
 
Aqckdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Between Lott and Marlin
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

That’s just crazy! Common sense out the window.
Aqckdude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:29 PM   #3
Electrican
Pope & Young
 
Electrican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Burleson TX
Hunt In: Schleicher County
Default

Walmart
Electrican is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:36 PM   #4
BowOnly81
Pope & Young
 
BowOnly81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Conroe, TX
Hunt In: SHNF and Trinity Co.
Default

And that’s why he works at Walmart!
BowOnly81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:38 PM   #5
BBRU
Pope & Young
 
BBRU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fannett,Tx
Hunt In: Anywhere....
Default

I hate that place.... I go there as little as possible
BBRU is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:40 PM   #6
boy wonder
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brock
Hunt In: Albany
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbru View Post
i hate that place.... I go there as little as possible
yep!
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:54 PM   #7
rvd
Ten Point
 
rvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gulf Coast
Hunt In: Texas
Default

If I have to go to Walmart, I leave all expectations of service in my truck, learned that 20+ years ago. FWIW, I've had great luck with autozone batteries.
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 10:55 PM   #8
slicktricker
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Plano tx
Hunt In: Grayson Co Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrican View Post
Walmart
enough said
slicktricker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2018, 11:31 PM   #9
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertt View Post
I called Walmart asking for the automotive department but the automotive department was closed due to all the rain. I needed to replace my truck battery that was barely turning over when starting. They said I could buy one but the core charge and any difference in prorated warranty would have to be handled thru the automotive department when they opened the next day. The next day I swapped out the battery and drive to Walmart to get my core charge back and find out how much credit on the prorated warranty I should get. They give me the core charge back and the manager says he will handle the warranty part. He says there is no warranty because you have already returned this battery before. I said excuse me lets think about this logically, if I had already returned it how could I have just walked in the door with it? He said well, I'm not saying but our battery cages get broke into all the time. I said whoa, don't even go there, are you accusing me of stealing my own old battery back after I supposedly returned it before? He said well the system says it was previously returned. I told him to unlock the door to the automotive department and left. Came straight home and called the manager. Spoke with his assistant because he was out of town.


Sorry for the long post but the fastest way to tick me off is to accuse me of cheating, lying or stealing.
Sorry for your problem, but if you were that mad, why would you not have marched into the manager's office and dealt with him face to face?
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 12:25 AM   #10
Robertt
Eight Point
 
Robertt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Portland, Tx
Hunt In: Atascosa County, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Sorry for your problem, but if you were that mad, why would you not have marched into the manager's office and dealt with him face to face?
Because over the years I have learned honey attracts more flies than vinegar. I knew I was ticked and the automotive manager was an idiot. It was best I collect my thoughts and call the manager. Net result will be better in the long run. The lady I spoke with pulled the battery off to the side for the store manager to look at when he got back on Monday. I expect good results after I speak with him.
Robertt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 12:33 AM   #11
Skinny
Pope & Young
 
Skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Forestburg,Tx
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Monday: what battery?


Skinny
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 12:36 AM   #12
TXhoghunter94
Ten Point
 
TXhoghunter94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montgomery, Tx
Hunt In: San Jacinto, Fayette, Leon, Real county TX
Default

Exactly why I will do everything I can to never step foot in in there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
TXhoghunter94 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 01:28 AM   #13
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

So how exactly does this battery repo scam work? I may want in in this deal.
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 01:50 AM   #14
quackaholic1
Ten Point
 
quackaholic1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jacksonville,Tx
Hunt In: Cass county
Default

Forget the manager call Bentonville. They usually are good at taking care of it.
quackaholic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:20 AM   #15
Black Ice
Pope & Young
 
Black Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baton Rouge
Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County
Default Quickest way to tick me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertt View Post
I called Walmart asking for the automotive department but the automotive department was closed due to all the rain. I needed to replace my truck battery that was barely turning over when starting. They said I could buy one but the core charge and any difference in prorated warranty would have to be handled thru the automotive department when they opened the next day. The next day I swapped out the battery and drive to Walmart to get my core charge back and find out how much credit on the prorated warranty I should get. They give me the core charge back and the manager says he will handle the warranty part. He says there is no warranty because you have already returned this battery before. I said excuse me lets think about this logically, if I had already returned it how could I have just walked in the door with it? He said well, I'm not saying but our battery cages get broke into all the time. I said whoa, don't even go there, are you accusing me of stealing my own old battery back after I supposedly returned it before? He said well the system says it was previously returned. I told him to unlock the door to the automotive department and left. Came straight home and called the manager. Spoke with his assistant because he was out of town.


Sorry for the long post but the fastest way to tick me off is to accuse me of cheating, lying or stealing.


I understand your pain. I bought an iPhone X from an AT&T authorized dealer about 2 months ago. I paid for the phone up front along with a wireless charger and a glass screen protector. I asked the manager if they did free replacements on the screen protector and he said yes but I had to bring it to one of their stores. I bring my phone in to the same store with a cracked screen protector and the people working looked at me like I was trying to steal something. I literally want to burn the place down for a $40 screen protector.





I canít make this **** up but in the middle of posting this my phone screen went black and came back on with a count down emergency 911 sound. All of the sudden 911 was on the phone asking if there was an emergency and I had to verify my phone number and that there was no emergency




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:55 AM   #16
shea.mcphail
Four Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mesquite
Hunt In: Canton
Default

Surprised nobody put tailgating on here. ��
shea.mcphail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 03:18 AM   #17
westtexducks
Pope & Young
 
westtexducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Angelo, TX
Hunt In: Where ever I can.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
Monday: what battery?


Skinny
Exactly

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
westtexducks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 04:33 AM   #18
Uncle Saggy
Pope & Young
 
Uncle Saggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Default

How did you unlock the battery cage?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Uncle Saggy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 05:57 AM   #19
BURTONboy
Pope & Young
 
BURTONboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Ulm
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
I understand your pain. I bought an iPhone X from an AT&T authorized dealer about 2 months ago. I paid for the phone up front along with a wireless charger and a glass screen protector. I asked the manager if they did free replacements on the screen protector and he said yes but I had to bring it to one of their stores. I bring my phone in to the same store with a cracked screen protector and the people working looked at me like I was trying to steal something. I literally want to burn the place down for a $40 screen protector.





I canít make this **** up but in the middle of posting this my phone screen went black and came back on with a count down emergency 911 sound. All of the sudden 911 was on the phone asking if there was an emergency and I had to verify my phone number and that there was no emergency




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That dang government is watching you man. Threaten to burn a place down and they call 911! Lol

Op I agree 100% with getting boiling mad as soon as youre called a liar. We were in a steak shoot out recently where they put a little bitty ol ring in fat of the steak and that ring was to prove it was the meat you were given to cook. I go to turn it in and they cant find the ring. It fell out. So he looks at me and ask if its their steak. I say yes its one of the 2 yall handed us and the ring was in it when you dropped it off but barely. He proceeds to look at me with a straight face and say something like it'd sure take a lot to pull that ring out of the steak we provided. I instantly got fired up and asked if he was calling me a cheater and a liar. All he did was say well... I was about as po'd as you were with that fella at Walfart. I wish you luck come Monday, but I tend to agree with these others and avoid that place like the plague. I learned my lesson on batteries and all I buy now is Interstate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
BURTONboy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 06:58 AM   #20
El Viejo
Pope & Young
 
El Viejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Formerly Mission, now Irving
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

That’s why I’ve started cleaning my my deer in the brush.
El Viejo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 07:44 AM   #21
skinsfan
Four Point
 
skinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Corpus Christi
Hunt In: Goliad/Medina County
Default

It’s funny I read this this morning, I was just contemplating where to buy a battery today.. I guess I will give AutoZone a try, I think they will even install them for you.
skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 08:04 AM   #22
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young
 
Goldeneagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Allen, TX
Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.
Default

I think that there are only a hand full of actual battery manufacturers. They make the batteries and others get their name put on them. Longest lasting battery I've ever had came from K-Mart when they were around. I believe they were made by Continental.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 08:14 AM   #23
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Sorry for your problem, but if you were that mad, why would you not have marched into the manager's office and dealt with him face to face?


Yup. I would have not left until I had my battery pro-rated. Face to face wins every time. It is much harder for them to weasel out of a wrong on the phone or via email.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 08:33 AM   #24
Worksalot
Ten Point
 
Worksalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Earth
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Walmart is known for quality and excellence through and through. Their stores are so full of quality and excellence, it overflows out the front doors and any side or back doors. Customers get the quality and excellence stuck to the soles of their shoes and track the quality all over the parking lots and in their cars and houses. You just canít escape all the quality and excellence, itís ubiquitous.
































SAID NO ONE EVER.
Worksalot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 09:19 AM   #25
14JKURX
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

WALMART
I Do Not Enter.
14JKURX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #26
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young
 
Graysonhogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Savoy, Texas
Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
How did you unlock the battery cage?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


It was already unlocked


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 10:25 AM   #27
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Yup. I would have not left until I had my battery pro-rated. Face to face wins every time. It is much harder for them to weasel out of a wrong on the phone or via email.


Easier .......not harder... needed coffee
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #28
Muskles
Ten Point
 
Muskles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Jacksonville
Hunt In: Cherokee Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
I think that there are only a hand full of actual battery manufacturers. They make the batteries and others get their name put on them. Longest lasting battery I've ever had came from K-Mart when they were around. I believe they were made by Continental.
ABC auto sells Continental. That's all I've used for around 10 years now in vehicles, ATVs, and lawnmowers. Only had one that didn't live longer than the warranty. No questions asked when I returned it either. Sorry you had to deal with stupid, OP.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Muskles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #29
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
So how exactly does this battery repo scam work? I may want in in this deal.
You return a battery just to get the core fee back. And then you sneak into Wal-Mart, steal a key, and then instead of stealing a new battery or two you simply steal the used battery you gave them for the core fee so you can return it again for another core fee. It's genius!
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #30
coy-ote
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: la vernia tx
Hunt In: Dimmit county
Default

Costco batteries I took the ones from my f350 in back in March to buy new ones if needed they looked the date of my old ones and said youíve cover til may for your replacement after that itís prorated, I was asking if they could check them they donít install them only sell them if you say theyíre weak we donít test either no questions they loaned me a few tools took the batteries out went and got 2 new ones for the difference of 7.00 due to increase in price. Mind you the other batteries were almost 3 years old. Buying all my future batteries from them


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coy-ote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #31
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat1 View Post
you return a battery just to get the core fee back. And then you sneak into wal-mart, steal a key, and then instead of stealing a new battery or two you simply steal the used battery you gave them for the core fee so you can return it again for another core fee. It's genius!


Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #32
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy-ote View Post
Costco batteries I took the ones from my f350 in back in March to buy new ones if needed they looked the date of my old ones and said youíve cover til may for your replacement after that itís prorated, I was asking if they could check them they donít install them only sell them if you say theyíre weak we donít test either no questions they loaned me a few tools took the batteries out went and got 2 new ones for the difference of 7.00 due to increase in price. Mind you the other batteries were almost 3 years old. Buying all my future batteries from them


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many sentences is that supposed to be?

Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #33
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
How many sentences is that supposed to be?

Looks like 2 and a half
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #34
MBV77
Ten Point
 
MBV77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Whitesboro, TX.
Hunt In: Clay County
Default Quickest way to tick me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
How many sentences is that supposed to be?





Obviously just one, but he forgot the period at the end.

Never mind. I now see he did use one period. He just forgot the period after the second sentence

Edit #2......guess River Rat was correct. 2 1/2. Iíll STFU now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MBV77; 06-23-2018 at 02:32 PM.
MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #35
coy-ote
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: la vernia tx
Hunt In: Dimmit county
Default

Haha yep I kinda got real laced on grammar since I retired, havenít dotted an I or crossed a t in some time!!!!!! Iím on island time now boys....,


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coy-ote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:36 PM   #36
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Looks like 2 and a half
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV77 View Post
Obviously just one, but he forgot the period at the end.

Never mind. I now see he did use one period. He just forgot the period after the second sentence

Edit #2......guess River Rat was correct. 2 1/2. Iíll STFU now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I counted 13, but my junior high English teacher might disagree on one of them.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #37
Worksalot
Ten Point
 
Worksalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Earth
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy-ote View Post
Haha yep I kinda got real laced on grammar since I retired, havenít dotted an I or crossed a t in some time!!!!!! Iím on island time now boys....,


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thatís not fair.
Worksalot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 PM   #38
Sparkles
Pope & Young
 
Sparkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Young County
Default Quickest way to tick me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Viejo View Post
Thatís why Iíve started cleaning my my deer in the brush.


I see what you did there
Lol

I would have been mad as heck also OP


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 PM   #39
bboswell
Pope & Young
 
bboswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery County
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

2 issues here.

1. Walmart batteries suck.

2. Walmart common sense sucks.

Avoid both problems at Interstate.
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 03:09 PM   #40
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy-ote View Post
Haha yep I kinda got real laced on grammar since I retired, havenít dotted an I or crossed a t in some time!!!!!! Iím on island time now boys....,


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just assumed that alcohol was involved, and you were slurring your typing!
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #41
MBV77
Ten Point
 
MBV77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Whitesboro, TX.
Hunt In: Clay County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
I counted 13, but my junior high English teacher might disagree on one of them.


You didnít specify run on or complete sentences.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #42
Burnadell
Pope & Young
 
Burnadell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: White Oak
Hunt In: Bee County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV77 View Post
You didnít specify run on or complete sentences.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A run-on sentence is two or more sentences without the period separating them.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #43
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

Going the route you've taken, waiting for the store manager, is the best way to get results, he'll fire or replace that automotive manager.



For all you guys that can't live without a period, take as many as you need. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .....












.

Last edited by Thumper; 06-23-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #44
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Going the route you've taken, waiting for the store manager, is the best way to get results, he'll fire or replace that automotive manager.
.
And they can hire an even bigger idiot they can fire the next week.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 05:29 PM   #45
dbaio1
Pope & Young
 
dbaio1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Humble, TX (Atascocita)
Hunt In: Bienville and Jackson Parish Louisiana - Union Community area
Default

If I have to speak with someone about a purchase I won't be going to Walmart. Sure there are a few good folks that work there but but for every good one there are 25 trolls.
dbaio1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 07:19 PM   #46
Shinesintx
Ten Point
 
Shinesintx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North of Dallas
Hunt In: South Franklin County
Default

Bought a yeti Knock off at Walmart. It was their Ozark Trail brand that has a LIFETIME warranty. Took it back for replacement because the bottom was coming off. The manager said they did not make the product and would not replace it as it did not have a warranty. I explained that I understand that the product is made in China and they slap the Ozark Trail brand on it and pass it off as theirs...replace the product. I had to grab a new yeti knock off and shown them the warranty. The manager said Ozark Trail was not their brand. Wanted to punch them in the face, it eventually got replaced.
Shinesintx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 08:27 PM   #47
WCB
Pope & Young
 
WCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Grayson
Default

Was off on a hunt and unexpected heavy rain came in. Went to a Walmart and bought a pair of waterproof boots that leaked like a sieve. Took them back to another store after getting home and they said they wouldnít take them back cause they were dirty. I said how would I know if they leaked if I didnít wear them?? Guy said nope and was adamant.
Stepped outside and called 1-800-wal-mart. Waited 5 min and stood by the return desk as Bentonville called. Manager was saying, yes, yes, yes, ok. Turned to the girl and said ďgive him his moneyĒ...😉
WCB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-23-2018, 11:18 PM   #48
Robertt
Eight Point
 
Robertt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Portland, Tx
Hunt In: Atascosa County, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaio1 View Post
If I have to speak with someone about a purchase I won't be going to Walmart. Sure there are a few good folks that work there but but for every good one there are 25 trolls.
The only really good one here in Portland is Sherie who works in the outdoors department. She knows her stuff and goes out of her way to help you.
Robertt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-24-2018, 12:52 AM   #49
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young
 
Atfulldraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hill Country
Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW, Colorado
Default

they tried the same **** with me on two new batteries that I had bought the previous month.

After I stood around for over an hour waiting for their ONE test machine to test both batteries, they finally said one was bad but it had already been returned.

I literally bought the batteries, replaced them, left the truck at the ranch and taken off on a flight to Florida for the next five weeks. The day I got back, the truck was dead.

I just paid for the new battery with my AMEX card and took exactly zero steps and called American Express customer service and cancelled the transaction for fraud.

Then all of a sudden, the manager wanted to "make it right"

idiots....
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-24-2018, 06:43 AM   #50
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young
 
Goldeneagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Allen, TX
Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Going the route you've taken, waiting for the store manager, is the best way to get results, he'll fire or replace that automotive manager.



For all you guys that can't live without a period, take as many as you need. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ......
I think plenty of guy's on here have a period.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com