San Antonio Area Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Antonio Area Golf

I'll be in San Antonio in a couple of weeks with several buddies and we are looking at potentially playing some golf. I was looking for some good courses that are probably under 50 dollars a round. We will be around the downtown area so probably don't want to travel too far, but anything within 20-25 minutes might work. Anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks in advance.

The Republic or the Bandit. The Bandit is out towards New Braunfels. The Quarry is good, but can get hot during the summer.

Comment

Silver horn, golf club of Texas, Quarry if you do later in the day or twilight for rates in your ballpark

This is kinda assuming you aren’t playing Saturday morning.... quarry is roughly 100-120$ if so

Comment

Brackenridge is right downtown, reasonably priced, and a fun/historic course.

The oldest municpal golf course in Texas. Built in 1916, and designed by AW Tillinghast, this course was the original home of the Texas Open.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Silver horn, golf club of Texas, Quarry if you do later in the day or twilight for rates in your ballpark

This is kinda assuming you aren’t playing Saturday morning.... quarry is roughly 100-120$ if so
          This one.. download the golf now app. I use it all the time and get great rates.

Comment

Buckhorn is good and cheap
            45 minutes to comfort.

Republic is good. Not sure of price.

Comment

It's all about what day you are playing on. You can get on pretty much most courses in town for around $50 or cheaper on the weekdays. With that said, I would recommend Brackenridge or Olympia Hills regardless of the day. I'm an avid golfer and play mostly the private courses in town, but these are by far my two favorite public courses. Like others have said above, the republic and quarry are good options as well.

Comment

Drive down 281 and play vaaler in Blanco

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                  Brackenridge is right downtown, reasonably priced, and a fun/historic course.

http://www.alamocitygolftrail.com/brackenridge/
                  Best bet for what you’re looking for.

Comment

Golfnow.com
                    Try to book in advance as their hot deal tee times go pretty quick. If I’m playing away from my home course this is what I use and can easily stay under your $50 budget.

Comment

Several great courses near downtown, I would say Breckenridge too for a great historical course.

Comment

Use Supreme Golf. It’s just like golf now only it has more deals and tee times all over the country

Comment

I say you pull up to the Dominion like you own the place and demand a $50 green fee

Comment

River Crossing. North on 281, about 30 minutes. On the right 3 miles north of 281 & 46 intersection.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                              River Crossing. North on 281, about 30 minutes. On the right 3 miles north of 281 & 46 intersection.
                              Hasn't River Crossing gone private now?

Comment

Working...
                              X