HOA question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOA question

Is it possible to replace company that manages a HOA? We are having issues with ours and want to replace with members of our neighborhood to run it. Thanks!

g

I would think yes but not until their contract has expired. HOA = evil

Comment

yes you can. we did in my last neighborhood. we were very happy with the move to a new magement company.

keep in mind, there is a lot! of stuff that goes on, starting with enforcement.

I would not you leave it up to yourselves. volunteers and neighbors. you will be the one writing up, or confronting your neighbors yourself. it's one thing to sit on a board and legislate, it's another to enforce the rules yourself. and again, it's just a volunteer position. is it worth the potential headache?

is the goal just to save money over the management company's prices? how money homes? any assets like common areas, pool, rec area etc??.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue1 View Post
        yes you can. we did in my last neighborhood. we were very happy with the move to a new magement company.

keep in mind, there is a lot! of stuff that goes on, starting with enforcement.

I would not you leave it up to yourselves. volunteers and neighbors. you will be the one writing up, or confronting your neighbors yourself. it's one thing to sit on a board and legislate, it's another to enforce the rules yourself. and again, it's just a volunteer position. is it worth the potential headache?

is the goal just to save money over the management company's prices? how money homes? any assets like common areas, pool, rec area etc??.
        thanks for the reply. our goal is to have them do what they are supposed to do. take care of our neighborhood. we are having to many issues with the maintenance of pool, maintenance of our pond, and with the landscaping.

Comment

You can easily replace the HOA management company. I wouldn't suggest replacing it with members of the neighborhood though. Just get a new company

Comment

What management company are you currently using?

Comment

Read your HOA Declarations and Covenants. That will tell you. What I suspect you will find is you can, once the residents own a certain % of the neighborhood. But you probably don't yet, or you are a member of a tiny minority of people who actually want to change the HOA in the neighborhood. Most residents like to control what others do on HOA communities, that is why the HOA was started in the first place.

Comment

Yes, it happens all the time. But it will depend on what is written in the docs.

I would not do it with your neighbors though.

Comment

HOA to POA.

Comment

I haven't talked to them in years but maybe reach out to mark or patti at preferred management services. thats who we went with in tomball. I'm sure they can't do ft worth but maybe they can recommend a company of their same caliber.

our previous management company was a nightmare. we were a very involved board and couldn't get them to do anything. plus they kept loosing records so we couldn't even build a case against habitual abusers. there was a transition period but they made it as smooth as possible.

good luck

Comment

Yes you can-- it's a contracted service. Read the terms of the contract.
                      Replacing with "members of your neighborhood" is a little confusing... maybe some issues there.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                        What management company are you currently using?
                        Property Management Group out of Keller.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I would like to use another company also, some of the residents mentioned using members of our neighborhood, figured i would ask. I have some reading to do. thanks again.

g

Comment

I’m sure there is a contract involved with your neighborhood but they can be changed.

We have a POA and the management company is pretty good although they don’t like boats in your driveway.

My old HOA management group was horrible. Never been so happy to get out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My old neighborhood moved from a company to members of the neighborhood. We had fights break out at the monthly meetings and WilCo sheriff was called more than once to break it up. Eventually a SO moved in the neighborhood and he attended every meeting to keep the fights down. It was a train wreck with power hungry people and cliques forming. I would never go to the meetings but once the fights started I'd mix me a big drink and go watch and laugh at their stupidity. I had both side hating me before I moved.

As others suggested don't move to members enforcing rules. Get another company to do it and hold them accountable.

Comment

Working...
                              X