U-Panel R-Panel installation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Panel R-Panel installation question

Say I build a patio cover that is 15x40 the 3' wide panels will not cover the 40' evenly i will have a 1` overhang one side or the other or 6" on each side. what do you do about the overhang? do you just cut it off and put up some end trim is that how its dealt with? What if it was 2' of overhang?

Double-overlap the last piece or any piece really. I mean instead of only overlapping the end ridge, overlap to the next one, therefore shortening the coverage by a foot.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
      Double-overlap the last piece or any piece really. I mean instead of only overlapping the end ridge, overlap to the next one, therefore shortening the coverage by a foot.
      That I understand I guess I wondering if you cant overlap it do to an odd ball size

Comment

Id overlap it and not mess with cutting it.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
          That I understand I guess I wondering if you cant overlap it do to an odd ball size
          Then cut and cover with trim I guess. A little overhang isn’t bad, but it depends on the look you are going for.
          Nibblers work well, as does a circular saw with a metal cutting blade.

Comment

You could overlap.... or rip ... either way you need trim if you want it to look finished out. If you don’t want it finished just overlap

Comment

Overlap if it ends up making your final sheet flush. if not just rip the excess. put some trim on the end and dress it up.

Comment

This is why I design stuff with a width devisable by 3’

Comment

Start dead center and work towards each end that way you have equal overhang.

Comment

Don’t over lap large sections, more overlap the more water will move under it due to Capillary action.

Cut and trim.

Comment

Working...
                    X